"I see what supporters see" Gary Johnson
- Credit: Dave Crawford/PPAUK
Manager Gary Johnson believes that Torquay United were denied an equaliser in a 'was-it-over-the-line?' incident in the Gulls' third successive home defeat, 3-1 to Grimsby Town.
The Gulls' boss did not complain about the result and admitted that Grimsby were the better side, but he said that Joe Lewis' header at 1-2 in the 80th minute should have stood.
"We've looked at it on the video, and we believe it was a goal," said Johnson.
"It looks like the goalkeeper pulled the ball back from inside the goal, and the ball then bounced down on the line.
"But I don' t want to complain about officials. On the day, they looked more dangerous than us - they were quicker and sharper and quicker-thinking on the day."
Johnson also revealed that, on a day of injuries, midfielder Armani Little, who scored his third goal in two games to give United an early lead, has suffered yet another recurrence of hamstring trouble.
"Armani felt his hamstring, and he's had a lot of those type of injuries. We don't want to lose him, so he had to come off," he said.
- 1 Nightmare on Torwood Street continues...
- 2 Are you running on E10 and is it feeling any different?
- 3 Busy weekend for South Devon AC runners
- 4 The Spanish are beaten on their field of stones
- 5 Spirited draw for the Gulls
- 6 Paignton Bowling Club win Mid Devon League Cup
- 7 Seafront switch on for a brighter and lighter future
- 8 Torbay AAC trio tackle Saints' Way Challenge
- 9 Lotto boost secures future of disabled champions group
- 10 Chesterfield 2 Torquay United 2
"We'll assess it in a couple of days, but he's a doubt for Solihull Moors (A) on Tuesday."
United also lost striker Dan Holman and left-back Dean Moxey.
"We've got to liven up our home form up - not enough people are doing enough," said Johnson.
"`Our goal only got them going. We got gradually worse and they got gradually better.
"They had two or three players who are above this level and did very well. They were the better team on the day.
"People gave their opinions at the end, and they were right. But I'm seeing what the supporters are seeing - trust me on that one.