Gary Johnson: 'I blame myself'
- Credit: Darren Woolley/PPAUK
Manager Gary Johnson says Torquay United must stop the rot - and quickly - after a 4-1 defeat at Maidenhead United left them eight points adrift of new National League leaders Sutton United.
Johnson admitted: "We played for about 15 minutes in total, and it was absolutely embarrassing for the rest of it.
"I put the team out, it didn't perform and I blame myself. When you are as poor as that, I'm taking full responsibility."
Error-strewn defending was punished especially during a three-goal spell either side of half-time, including two for ex-Gulls striker Nathan Blissett.
Two wins in eleven games has wiped out United's double-figure lead at Christmas and seen Sutton United (W12 D3 L2) charge clear themselves.
United, now third, are home to King's Lynn Town on Saturday and Solihull Moors next Tuesday, with Johnson stressing: "We have a lot of work to do."
- 1 Gulls ready for Truro friendly
- 2 Spacious, family home in ideal location close to schools, shops and beaches
- 3 Veteran cyclist beats Covid to win twice in five days
- 4 Gulls start pre-season with a victory
- 5 Torbay Ironman completes first race of the season
- 6 Hotelier Harry pays tribute to 'gentleman' Tom O'Connor as comedian dies aged 81
- 7 All smiles despite the rain
- 8 £15,000 'compensation' as Nemane leaves Torquay United
- 9 Nemane to Notts
- 10 Join me for ghost tours and tales of Dartmoor