Gary Johnson: 'I blame myself'
- Credit: Darren Woolley/PPAUK
Manager Gary Johnson says Torquay United must stop the rot - and quickly - after a 4-1 defeat at Maidenhead United left them eight points adrift of new National League leaders Sutton United.
Johnson admitted: "We played for about 15 minutes in total, and it was absolutely embarrassing for the rest of it.
"I put the team out, it didn't perform and I blame myself. When you are as poor as that, I'm taking full responsibility."
Error-strewn defending was punished especially during a three-goal spell either side of half-time, including two for ex-Gulls striker Nathan Blissett.
Two wins in eleven games has wiped out United's double-figure lead at Christmas and seen Sutton United (W12 D3 L2) charge clear themselves.
United, now third, are home to King's Lynn Town on Saturday and Solihull Moors next Tuesday, with Johnson stressing: "We have a lot of work to do."
- 1 Relentless from Torquay United
- 2 Rowers - and Mr Portillo - in bid to go round world in 80 days and raise money for Rowcroft
- 3 For our 'rock' as much as anybody, everything is crossed for promotion
- 4 Woking 0 Torquay United 2
- 5 Concluding the debate about diesel v petrol v electric cars
- 6 Royal Mail set to drop objection to Crossways redevelopment
- 7 Picture special: Memories of visits to Torbay and South Devon
- 8 Plans unveiled to demolish Torquay Debenhams store
- 9 Herbert Whitley fulfilled earlier vision of a zoo when opening Paignton Zoological and Botanical Gardens
- 10 Chance to have your say on power giants' massive investment plans