Fraser Kerr leaves Torquay United
- Credit: Dave Crawford/PPAUK
Torquay United have agreed to their Scottish defender Fraser Kerr joining National League rivals Chesterfield on a free transfer.
Kerr, 28, who signed for the Gulls last summer, had made only seven appearances during an injury-hit stay at Plainmoor and none since Torquay's 4-3 win at Weymouth on January 2.
The move follows a loan move in the opposite direction for Chesterfield striker Scott Boden, who will remain with United until the end of the season.
As reported in last week's Torbay Weekly, ex-Birmingham, Motherwell, Gateshead and Hartlepool United centre-back Kerr had found it hard living so far from home in a Covid virus 'bubble' in Torquay.
Manager Gary Johnson said: "Unfortunately, due to the Covid lockdown rules and Fraser living in digs, he wasn't able to go home and see his family.
"With him not being involved in the first-team at that time, we agreed to let him go to a club a lot nearer to his home.
"We inquired about Scott Boden, and I am pleased to say we managed to do deals for both players, and it's a good situation for both."
- 1 Torquay United 2 King's Lynn Town 0
- 2 Gulls boss Gary Johnson: Homegrown duo 'in my future plans'
- 3 Rowing: Excellent conditions for river Dart racing
- 4 Defensive duties at Torquay United
- 5 Let's get together - reconnecting with people is food for the soul
- 6 Dr Peter Moore: I don't need an app giving me a 'medal' for brushing my teeth properly!
- 7 War veteran wins Brixham Lottery - with cards bought for his 105th birthday
- 8 Keith Perry: Family-friendly ramble around park that's home to variety of wildlife
- 9 Securing future of Pavilion takes step forward
- 10 Bid to rid town of Crossways eyesore takes giant leap forward
Centre-forward Boden, 31, made his debut in United's 2-1 National League win at Solihull Moors last midweek.
He was cup-tied for United's FA Trophy Quarter-Final defeat at Woking last weekend, but he will be available for this Saturday's home league game against Hartlepool United.