Field of 625 to tackle Totnes 10k alongside River Dart
- Credit: Submitted
Organisers of Sunday's Totnes 10K race will be hoping to push proceeds past the £25,000-mark since the event was first held in 2000.
The race, combined with a one- mile kids' fun run, has raised more than £22,000 for Totnes Caring so far.
Borough Park, with the leisure centre as headquarters, will be the colourful scene of the start/finish on August 1 as a maximum field of 625 tackle the popular course which runs mostly alongside the River Dart.
There are prizes for the top finishers in all the kids' and 10K age-groups, plus medals for all 10K finishers, and £50 for anyone who breaks either the men's or ladies' course records and £25 if the veteran record goes.
Amenities include a bag store, free race photos, bar and barbecue.
The kids' run starts at 10.25am, with the 10K race off at 11am.
Entry costs £2.50 in advance (online via the Teignbridge Trotters website) or £3.50 on the day, and the event has been sold out in the last three years.
- 1 Nightmare on Torwood Street continues...
- 2 Are you running on E10 and is it feeling any different?
- 3 Busy weekend for South Devon AC runners
- 4 The Spanish are beaten on their field of stones
- 5 Spirited draw for the Gulls
- 6 Seafront switch on for a brighter and lighter future
- 7 Paignton Bowling Club win Mid Devon League Cup
- 8 Torbay AAC trio tackle Saints' Way Challenge
- 9 Austins battle through Spanish flu, World War Two and now pandemic but boss David says: 'Now is our Time'
- 10 Chesterfield 2 Torquay United 2