FA Cup fourth qualifying round: Gulls drawn away to Boatmen
- Credit: Micah Crook/PPAUK
The Gulls will play the ‘Boatmen’ after Torquay United were drawn away to Southampton club Sholing in the fourth qualifying round of the FA Cup.
Gary Johnson’s United, who beat Boreham Wood 3-2 at this stage before losing at Maidstone United (0-1) last season, will travel to Southern League Division One South Sholing on Saturday week, October 24.
In Dave Diaper, Sholing have one of the longest-serving managers in the game - he has been in charge for 21 years.
They have made a strong start to the season in league and cup, knocking out Walton Casuals 5-2 in the FAC this week, and they are still in the FA Trophy, where they meet Wantage Town this weekend.
Thursday’s draw threw up all-National League derbies between Aldershot Town and Woking and Sutton United at home to Bromley.
Yeovil Town will host Dover Athletic, Weymouth are at home to Oxford City and Taunton Town travel to Tonbridge Angels.
Pick of the Northern section ties are Solihull Moors v Wrexham, King’s Lynn Town v Notts County and Stockport County at home to Chesterfield.
- 1 Torquay settle for replay after Hawks threw everything at them in dying moments
- 2 United 'Community Day' to unite Bay - and there are 1,000 free tickets
- 3 Charlton await United - if Gulls can win FA Cup replay
- 4 Johnson on FA Cup result: 'Havant deserved something out of game'
- 5 Aldi, KFC and Costa Coffee plan approved for 'Gateway to Torquay'
- 6 Family 'overwhelmed' by tributes after death of rugby and port legend Bern
- 7 This sorry saga was always going to end in tears - but we need the horses and what about the Proms?
- 8 Paignton pub The Isaac Merritt to go up for auction
- 9 Stoppage-time goal books Torquay United under-18s a place in FA Youth Cup first round
- 10 Chloe Pavely: Mixed bag of emotions with end of season in sight