Wright back scoring for Torquay United
- Credit: Dave Crawford/PPAUK
Fit-again centre-forward Danny Wright marked his first game for three months with a goal as Torquay United met Exeter City in a 'reserve' friendly on Monday.
Former Grecians defender Gary Warren also played the first 45 minutes at City's Cat & Fiddle Training Ground.
Both senior players have been out for some time, Wright since tearing his hamstring against Yeovil Town (6-1) on Boxing Day.
Manager Gary Johnson said: "It was a chance for both Danny and Gary to get their first 45 minutes in.
"It was very beneficial for them and for us, and Danny produced a nice finish for his goal, but they still have more work to do to be first-team match-fit.
"The result was unimportant, because Exeter had a young side and we played a mixture of older lads who haven't played for a while or have been on our bench, and younger lads from our youth team."
New striker loan signing Benji Kimpioka from Sunderland was not involved - he took part in a normal training session ahead of Good Friday's National League home game against Woking (3pm).
- 1 Tiverton Town 1 Torquay United 3
- 2 Gary's respect for Martyn Rogers
- 3 Gary Johnson reaction to Tiverton win
- 4 Asian hornet pays a visit to Devon Hills
- 5 The little door behind the main stand
- 6 Retro Sport: Tracking Plainmoor heroes of the 1950s
- 7 Walk down to secluded cove is rich with wildlife and flowers
- 8 £1,800 for four good causes as Foster’s Fund pays out
- 9 It's taken a generation but it is definitely now Paignton's turn
- 10 £10m underspend will 'help prepare council for summer'