Wright back scoring for Torquay United
- Credit: Dave Crawford/PPAUK
Fit-again centre-forward Danny Wright marked his first game for three months with a goal as Torquay United met Exeter City in a 'reserve' friendly on Monday.
Former Grecians defender Gary Warren also played the first 45 minutes at City's Cat & Fiddle Training Ground.
Both senior players have been out for some time, Wright since tearing his hamstring against Yeovil Town (6-1) on Boxing Day.
Manager Gary Johnson said: "It was a chance for both Danny and Gary to get their first 45 minutes in.
"It was very beneficial for them and for us, and Danny produced a nice finish for his goal, but they still have more work to do to be first-team match-fit.
"The result was unimportant, because Exeter had a young side and we played a mixture of older lads who haven't played for a while or have been on our bench, and younger lads from our youth team."
New striker loan signing Benji Kimpioka from Sunderland was not involved - he took part in a normal training session ahead of Good Friday's National League home game against Woking (3pm).
- 1 For our 'rock' as much as anybody, everything is crossed for promotion
- 2 Desperate men killing the game
- 3 National League round-up
- 4 Plans unveiled to demolish Torquay Debenhams store
- 5 All aboard the Land train for lots of fun - and a history lesson or two!
- 6 Prince Philip's final resting place will be in tiny chapel
- 7 Weekend watch for Torquay United
- 8 Brooke and her band of little helpers walk tall for crisis-hit pony club
- 9 Mum-of-two Robyn recognised as 'outstanding student - and she runs her own business
- 10 I hope formality is put aside and the Queen is able to grieve for Prince Philip