Racing returns to Velopark
- Credit: Archant
Cyclist Andy Perkins rolled back the years and claims the win in the return to racing event at the Velopark.
To comply with the current Covid-19 guidelines, the event consisted of three 15-minute races - scratch, points and pursuit.
The new format proved popular with new riders wanting to try out racing as well providing a new challenge for existing riders.
Perkins used his good form and experience to good effect winning the first two events and maintaining his position in the third for the overall win.
Harry Jukes and Julian Pittocco flew the flag for the club in the Elite races.
There will be more racing coming up at Torbay Velopark on a fortnightly basis.
- 1 Torquay United 2 King's Lynn Town 0
- 2 Gulls boss Gary Johnson: Homegrown duo 'in my future plans'
- 3 Defensive duties at Torquay United
- 4 Rowing: Excellent conditions for river Dart racing
- 5 Let's get together - reconnecting with people is food for the soul
- 6 Dr Peter Moore: I don't need an app giving me a 'medal' for brushing my teeth properly!
- 7 War veteran wins Brixham Lottery - with cards bought for his 105th birthday
- 8 Keith Perry: Family-friendly ramble around park that's home to variety of wildlife
- 9 Bid to rid town of Crossways eyesore takes giant leap forward
- 10 Torquay solicitors win Law Firm of Year award