Racing returns to Velopark
- Credit: Archant
Cyclist Andy Perkins rolled back the years and claims the win in the return to racing event at the Velopark.
To comply with the current Covid-19 guidelines, the event consisted of three 15-minute races - scratch, points and pursuit.
The new format proved popular with new riders wanting to try out racing as well providing a new challenge for existing riders.
Perkins used his good form and experience to good effect winning the first two events and maintaining his position in the third for the overall win.
Harry Jukes and Julian Pittocco flew the flag for the club in the Elite races.
There will be more racing coming up at Torbay Velopark on a fortnightly basis.
- 1 Absolutely ridiculous and selfish
- 2 United visit Woking tonight
- 3 Rowers - and Mr Portillo - in bid to go round world in 80 days and raise money for Rowcroft
- 4 Woking 0 Torquay United 2
- 5 Relentless from Torquay United
- 6 Prince Philip's final resting place will be in tiny chapel
- 7 For our 'rock' as much as anybody, everything is crossed for promotion
- 8 Four to battle in Bay by-election
- 9 Desperate men killing the game
- 10 Overseas players set to boost clubs' promotion bids