Covid tests are routine for racer Harrison
- Credit: Submitted
Almost 20 Covid tests already are part of the life of South Devon's professional bike racer Harrison Wood - and there are plenty more to come.
"They're not very nice, but I my nose is getting used to them," quipped Wood, 20, from Torquay.
He had more tests before and after a trip back from Greece last week, where he finished 13th in the Tour Of Rhodes stage race.
Wood improved every day, but rode mainly in support of his Dutch team SEG Racing's sprinter Stan Van Tricht, who was third overall.
The former Torquay Boys' Grammar School pupil will return to Holland next week for a training camp and two races in the Ardennes mountains, building up to the under-23s' Giro d'Italia in June.
The 'Baby Giro' is a potential gateway to a WorldTour team contract and was won last year by GB's Tom Pidcock, who is already starring for the Ineos Grenadiers squad.
- 1 Latest twist in the National League race
- 2 Vince to lead way for Devon tourism
- 3 Alfresco touch to eating down on the farm
- 4 'Earring aid' pair are inspiring sister act!
- 5 Dean and pals sign up for toughest row across Atlantic
- 6 Why you should neuter your cat - male or female
- 7 Captain Asa 'would give anything' to lead Gulls to promotion
- 8 Fans can return to Plainmoor
- 9 Fish of the month competition has a winner
- 10 Gulls move forward to Stockport