Congratulations from Clarke
- Credit: Sean Hernon/PPAUK
Torquay United's chairman Clarke Osborne has congratulated the Gulls on 'a fantastic day' as they beat Notts County in the National League Play-Off Semi-Final - but he urged the club to take 'one more step' in Sunday's Final against Hartlepool United at Ashton Gate, Bristol.
United beat Notts 4-2 after extra-time and Hartlepool upset favourites Stockport County 1-0 at Edgeley Park at the weekend, with a 76th minute goal by in-form striker Rhys Oates.
"It was a fantastic day, and I am so pleased for every one of our supporters," said Osborne, who approved the move to send free scarves to all United's season-ticket holders before Saturday's match.
"Congratulations to the 'Big Team' at TUFC - great job again, professionalism with passion.
"One more step to make on the journey, and I so hope it is on Sunday."
Osborne seldom attends matches at Plainmoor, although he does visit the club regularly, and he has either watched TV coverage or listened to radio commentaries of almost every game during his three-and-a-half years as owner.
He lives just outside Bristol, increasing speculation that he might be at Ashton Gate for the Final.
- 1 £15,000 'compensation' as Nemane leaves Torquay United
- 2 'Why we just love being part of Team Beverley'
- 3 New £10 million Claylands site just the job for growing Bay firm
- 4 Expert advice proved to be icing on cake for cafe sisters Abi and Finola
- 5 'Golden opportunity' awaits Bay - but we need to get people back into work
- 6 Your Bay Needs You - and here are some of the jobs available
- 7 Amazing day of transfers at Torquay United
- 8 Famous Redcliffe Hotel sold for £4.5 million
- 9 Determination and talent... wracked by injuries, Gulls refused to go under
- 10 Please only use hospital A&E if your life depends on it