Bumper collection from Inside the Gulls
- Credit: Archant
It is another bumper collection from Inside the Gulls in week three of this fascinating series on Torquay United.
Subscribers have already been treated to nine superb chapters on the Gulls and the selection coming up this weekend reveals some more great stories and characters from the Plainmoor past.
We kick things off on Thursday with the Prince of Plainmoor, as the great Robin Stubbs recalls his journey from Birmingham City to become one of the greatest goalscorers in United history.
Stubbs was everything you could want from a quality striker, quick, powerful and an assured finisher.
Read the story in his own words from the Prince of Plainmoor.
We move back down the pitch but up the years for Friday's chapter, remembering the superb contribution of Angus MacDonald over three different spells. Gus was an outstanding defender and played with such immense courage that the Yellow Army fell in love. It was a courage he has since shown in his personal life, battling cancer to revive his career with Hull City.
The star of Saturday will be the Raging Bull Dave Caldwell, a played feared and admired by every opponent. Caldwell won the hearts of Plainmoor with his relentless approach in attack, battling many great defenders and receiving the 'occasional' red card for his troubles.
- 1 Relentless from Torquay United
- 2 Concluding the debate about diesel v petrol v electric cars
- 3 Hilton opens its doors - with a little help from Bert & Buoy and a Riviera palm tree
- 4 Royal Mail set to drop objection to Crossways redevelopment
- 5 500,000 meals and still going strong
- 6 Rowers - and Mr Portillo - in bid to go round world in 80 days and raise money for Rowcroft
- 7 Picture special: Memories of visits to Torbay and South Devon
- 8 Plans unveiled to demolish Torquay Debenhams store
- 9 For our 'rock' as much as anybody, everything is crossed for promotion
- 10 Chance to have your say on power giants' massive investment plans
We complete this set with the Stevenage Bribe, an amazing story that saw United escape relegation and testify in the High Court after a bizarre phone call from the Stevenage hierarchy.
• Inside the Gulls will be a downloadable series through www.torbayweekly.co.uk and just £9.99 to subscribe, which equates to just 25p per chapter. Subscribe by clicking on the icon at the top of the Torbay Weekly homepage at wwww.torbayweekly.co.uk
In addition to your digital version of Inside the Gulls, subscribers will receive a printed glossy bookazine copy on completion of the series. Even if you subscribe later in the series, all previously published chapters will be available to enjoy.
Signing up to Inside the Gulls will also benefit your club, with a percentage from every subscription donated to supporting the club as well as a specific Plainmoor project sponsored by Torbay Weekly.