Bumper collection from Inside the Gulls
- Credit: Archant
It is another bumper collection from Inside the Gulls in week three of this fascinating series on Torquay United.
Subscribers have already been treated to nine superb chapters on the Gulls and the selection coming up this weekend reveals some more great stories and characters from the Plainmoor past.
We kick things off on Thursday with the Prince of Plainmoor, as the great Robin Stubbs recalls his journey from Birmingham City to become one of the greatest goalscorers in United history.
Stubbs was everything you could want from a quality striker, quick, powerful and an assured finisher.
Read the story in his own words from the Prince of Plainmoor.
We move back down the pitch but up the years for Friday's chapter, remembering the superb contribution of Angus MacDonald over three different spells. Gus was an outstanding defender and played with such immense courage that the Yellow Army fell in love. It was a courage he has since shown in his personal life, battling cancer to revive his career with Hull City.
The star of Saturday will be the Raging Bull Dave Caldwell, a played feared and admired by every opponent. Caldwell won the hearts of Plainmoor with his relentless approach in attack, battling many great defenders and receiving the 'occasional' red card for his troubles.
- 1 Show is world’s largest gathering of more than 3,000 iconic classic and vintage cars and motorbikes
- 2 Midweek shocks in the National League
- 3 Property of the Week: Simply striking family home in semi-rural setting
- 4 Probus Club 'home' at last to hear about ghosts, gallows and 'Big Foot'
- 5 Norrms McNamara: All care staff need to be trained in dementia
- 6 There may be no carnival again - but that won't dampen spirits as Christmas plans are unveiled
- 7 All go at Rotary club with new president, vaccines, golf and a chicken run!
- 8 Sinclair's special start on community day
- 9 Indoor bowls: 'A' team win all four rinks
- 10 Gulls boss Gary Johnson: Homegrown duo 'in my future plans'
We complete this set with the Stevenage Bribe, an amazing story that saw United escape relegation and testify in the High Court after a bizarre phone call from the Stevenage hierarchy.
• Inside the Gulls will be a downloadable series through www.torbayweekly.co.uk and just £9.99 to subscribe, which equates to just 25p per chapter. Subscribe by clicking on the icon at the top of the Torbay Weekly homepage at wwww.torbayweekly.co.uk
In addition to your digital version of Inside the Gulls, subscribers will receive a printed glossy bookazine copy on completion of the series. Even if you subscribe later in the series, all previously published chapters will be available to enjoy.
Signing up to Inside the Gulls will also benefit your club, with a percentage from every subscription donated to supporting the club as well as a specific Plainmoor project sponsored by Torbay Weekly.