Brixham brought back to earth after mini-revival
- Credit: Brixham rugby club
BRIXHAM'S South-West Premier revival came to a sobering end when they lost 55-0 away to Old Redcliffians.
The Bristol side are third, but it was still a heavy defeat for the Fishermen (8th).
Paignton lost a 20-24 thriller to Kingsbridge at Queen's Park (Western Cos West.)
Steve Worth and Harry Ward tries, topped up by Mike Sandercock's boot, gave the Cherries a 14-10 half-time lead.
Sandercock kicked two more penalties, one from nearly half-way, but Kingsbridge snatched it with a late converted try.
Newton Abbot beat Wiveliscombe 43-29 and Teignmouth (5th) thumped lowly Falmouth 47-7.
Torquay Athletic (Cornwall/Devon) suffered a fourth defeat in five (17-31 Cullompton), while New Cross (beat Old Technicians 10-7) are level with South Molton on top of Devon One.
- 1 2021 Talisker Whisky Atlantic Challenge rowers heading for finish line
- 2 Retro Sport: Whatever the temptation, the sanctity of cricket is paramount
- 3 Nurturing the Plainmoor pitch
- 4 Ray of success for Chris after years of trying
- 5 Buckland drawn away in the FA Vase
- 6 Remembering our loved ones this Christmas
- 7 Working hard to ensure success of fishing industry in Brixham
- 8 Brilliant Buckland advance in the FA Vase
- 9 Picture special: Views from across Torbay
- 10 Go ahead for climbing attraction at old RICC tennis courts
Saturday games: Brixham v Bournemouth, Paignton v Wiveliscombe, Newton Abbot v Penryn, Kingsbridge v Teignmouth, Liskeard/Looe v Torquay Ath, New Cross v Salcombe, Dartmouth v Buckfastleigh.