'Roll up and give bowls a go'
- Credit: Brixham Bowling Club
Brixham Bowling Club is organising a ‘Bowls Try It Day’ for members of the local community - pandemic roadmap permitting.
The club, at Furzeham Green on Nelson Road with its superb views of the harbour and the breakwater below, has facilities open seven days a week from mid-April to mid September.
A range of bowling opportunities are available from practice roll ups, social games and competitive matches against club members. If the anticipated easing takes place it is likely that competitive league and knock out cup competitions will also be possible.
If you are interested pop along to the club. Sets of bowls will be provided. You must wear flat shoes.
It is planned to run the day in the second half of April. The date will be fixed after the final go ahead from the Government and Bowls England.
For details visit the club website or telephone Barry on 01803 845251 or Mo on 01803 853977.
- 1 Relentless from Torquay United
- 2 Concluding the debate about diesel v petrol v electric cars
- 3 For our 'rock' as much as anybody, everything is crossed for promotion
- 4 Royal Mail set to drop objection to Crossways redevelopment
- 5 Picture special: Memories of visits to Torbay and South Devon
- 6 Chance to have your say on power giants' massive investment plans
- 7 Rowers - and Mr Portillo - in bid to go round world in 80 days and raise money for Rowcroft
- 8 Plans unveiled to demolish Torquay Debenhams store
- 9 Woking 0 Torquay United 2
- 10 Prince Philip's final resting place will be in tiny chapel