'Roll up and give bowls a go'
- Credit: Brixham Bowling Club
Brixham Bowling Club is organising a ‘Bowls Try It Day’ for members of the local community - pandemic roadmap permitting.
The club, at Furzeham Green on Nelson Road with its superb views of the harbour and the breakwater below, has facilities open seven days a week from mid-April to mid September.
A range of bowling opportunities are available from practice roll ups, social games and competitive matches against club members. If the anticipated easing takes place it is likely that competitive league and knock out cup competitions will also be possible.
If you are interested pop along to the club. Sets of bowls will be provided. You must wear flat shoes.
It is planned to run the day in the second half of April. The date will be fixed after the final go ahead from the Government and Bowls England.
For details visit the club website or telephone Barry on 01803 845251 or Mo on 01803 853977.
- 1 Captain Cameron set to lead Magpies against Gulls
- 2 The little door behind the main stand
- 3 Gary Johnson reaction to Tiverton win
- 4 Decisions to be made over Covid-related postponements of cricket matches
- 5 Torquay host fourth coastal rowing regatta of league
- 6 £1,800 for four good causes as Foster’s Fund pays out
- 7 It's taken a generation but it is definitely now Paignton's turn
- 8 Tiverton Town 1 Torquay United 3
- 9 Gary's respect for Martyn Rogers
- 10 Famous Redcliffe Hotel sold for £4.5 million