Boxing Day Predicta
- Credit: Dave Crawford/PPAUK
Our final Predicta competition of 2020 will be the Boxing Day bonanza of football.
For many sports fans, Christmas is completed by the busy football schedule, and a bit of darts.
To celebrate the festive football we have some cracking games for you to predict, starting with Torquay United welcoming Yeovil Town to Plainmoor.
While the Gulls have been inspired this season, Yeovil have had their struggles, but Boxing Day football can be very difficult to gauge.
In the Premier League, we have two belters.
Leicester City welcome the ultimate unpredictable team of this year. Love them or nor, Manchester United can be world-beaters on the day, or the opposite.
There is also an intriguing London derby featuring Arsenal and Chelsea, and we then go back to the National League for three more big games.
- 1 Relentless from Torquay United
- 2 Rowers - and Mr Portillo - in bid to go round world in 80 days and raise money for Rowcroft
- 3 For our 'rock' as much as anybody, everything is crossed for promotion
- 4 Woking 0 Torquay United 2
- 5 Concluding the debate about diesel v petrol v electric cars
- 6 Royal Mail set to drop objection to Crossways redevelopment
- 7 Plans unveiled to demolish Torquay Debenhams store
- 8 Picture special: Memories of visits to Torbay and South Devon
- 9 Absolutely ridiculous and selfish
- 10 Herbert Whitley fulfilled earlier vision of a zoo when opening Paignton Zoological and Botanical Gardens
The Boxing Day Predicta – can you beat chief sports writer Dave Thomas?
LEICESTER CITY v MANCHESTER UNITED – United to win 3-1
Get set for a holiday belter, but United are in good form, developing a siege mentality and are stronger for it.
ARSENAL v CHELSEA – Chelsea to win 2-0
Chelsea have picked up a few bloody noses lately, but they may still be too good for Arsenal’s ever flaky defence.
TORQUAY UNITED v YEOVIL TOWN – A draw 2-2
Would love a Gulls win, but holiday derbies can stump the formbook and they might even do better away on NY Day.
BROMLEY V SUTTON UNITED – Bromley to win 2-1
The perfect game for away specialists Bromley to come good at home against local rivals held up by Covid of late.
ALTRINCHAM v STOCKPORT COUNTY – County to win 2-0
A cheap bus ride apart, and these two will get stuck in bigtime, but County have extra quality where it counts.
SOLIHULL MOORS v CHESTERFIELD – A draw 1-1
Solihull tough to beat at home, but new Spireites boss Rowe is having the desired effect and can share the points.
To play the Predicta, click on the link ‘Guess the Scores to Win Prizes’ on www.torbayweekly.co.uk. Don’t forget to answer the tie-breaker question – total goals scored in Saturday fixtures only from England’s top two divisions.