Bowlers aiming for April opening of club
- Credit: Paignton Bowling Club
Paignton Bowling Club is gearing up for the lifting of Covid-19 restrictions.
Club committee members are hoping to open the premises for members and visitors to have roll-ups, and also enjoy the club facilities with a tea or coffee and maybe a chat.
As the April 25 deadline approaches, the majority of the bowlers eligible to have the vaccine will have had both doses and be better protected from any incidents that may occur.
John Ball, club vice president and treasurer, said: "The club will still operate under any Covid restrictions until they are completely taken off, hopefully towards the end of June.
"Then we will be able to enjoy the sport more freely and socialise with the many visitors booked to visit us during the season.
"Anyone interested in bowling should visit us or look at our website for information.”
- 1 For our 'rock' as much as anybody, everything is crossed for promotion
- 2 Desperate men killing the game
- 3 Plans unveiled to demolish Torquay Debenhams store
- 4 National League round-up
- 5 Covid-19 outbreak at Torquay care home
- 6 All aboard the Land train for lots of fun - and a history lesson or two!
- 7 Prince Philip's final resting place will be in tiny chapel
- 8 An ideal family home or investment purchase
- 9 Emotional day that revealed close-knit family behind monarchy
- 10 Mum-of-two Robyn recognised as 'outstanding student - and she runs her own business