Bowlers aiming for April opening of club
- Credit: Paignton Bowling Club
Paignton Bowling Club is gearing up for the lifting of Covid-19 restrictions.
Club committee members are hoping to open the premises for members and visitors to have roll-ups, and also enjoy the club facilities with a tea or coffee and maybe a chat.
As the April 25 deadline approaches, the majority of the bowlers eligible to have the vaccine will have had both doses and be better protected from any incidents that may occur.
John Ball, club vice president and treasurer, said: "The club will still operate under any Covid restrictions until they are completely taken off, hopefully towards the end of June.
"Then we will be able to enjoy the sport more freely and socialise with the many visitors booked to visit us during the season.
"Anyone interested in bowling should visit us or look at our website for information.”
- 1 Tiverton Town 1 Torquay United 3
- 2 Gary's respect for Martyn Rogers
- 3 Gary Johnson reaction to Tiverton win
- 4 Asian hornet pays a visit to Devon Hills
- 5 The little door behind the main stand
- 6 Retro Sport: Tracking Plainmoor heroes of the 1950s
- 7 Walk down to secluded cove is rich with wildlife and flowers
- 8 £1,800 for four good causes as Foster’s Fund pays out
- 9 It's taken a generation but it is definitely now Paignton's turn
- 10 £10m underspend will 'help prepare council for summer'