Bowlers aiming for April opening of club
- Credit: Paignton Bowling Club
Paignton Bowling Club is gearing up for the lifting of Covid-19 restrictions.
Club committee members are hoping to open the premises for members and visitors to have roll-ups, and also enjoy the club facilities with a tea or coffee and maybe a chat.
As the April 25 deadline approaches, the majority of the bowlers eligible to have the vaccine will have had both doses and be better protected from any incidents that may occur.
John Ball, club vice president and treasurer, said: "The club will still operate under any Covid restrictions until they are completely taken off, hopefully towards the end of June.
"Then we will be able to enjoy the sport more freely and socialise with the many visitors booked to visit us during the season.
"Anyone interested in bowling should visit us or look at our website for information.”
- 1 Show is world’s largest gathering of more than 3,000 iconic classic and vintage cars and motorbikes
- 2 Midweek shocks in the National League
- 3 Property of the Week: Simply striking family home in semi-rural setting
- 4 Probus Club 'home' at last to hear about ghosts, gallows and 'Big Foot'
- 5 Norrms McNamara: All care staff need to be trained in dementia
- 6 There may be no carnival again - but that won't dampen spirits as Christmas plans are unveiled
- 7 All go at Rotary club with new president, vaccines, golf and a chicken run!
- 8 Sinclair's special start on community day
- 9 Indoor bowls: 'A' team win all four rinks
- 10 Gig racing: Brixham hosts Cornish Pilot Gig Association's veterans' championships