Ben rows his way to third place in championship positions
- Credit: Submitted
The West of England ARA has with three regattas - Wimbleball, Totnes and Exeter - of this year’s seven regatta championship completed, provided official championship positions.
Paignton Rowing Club sit second in the men’s under-16 coxed quadruple sculls and Sam Brueton is currently third in the men’s under-14 single sculls.
Dartmouth’s ladies lead the ladies' senior C coxed fours, Nadine Smith is in second place in the ladies' under-18 single sculls and the club is also second in the men’s novice single sculls.
Dart Totnes lead the men’s masters coxed fours but the club’s strength is in the singles sculls. Elliott Barton leads the men’s senior A single sculls; Ellie Fowlds leads the ladies' senior C single sculls; Isobel Burridge leads the ladies under-18 single sculls; and the club leads both men’s and ladies' novice single sculls.
The next regatta in the programme is Paignton on Sunday, August 8.
However, this Saturday, July 24, Torquay Rowing Club stage the Thatcher Rock Offshore 6k and 4k races, the fourth FISA coastal rowing regatta of the South West Coastal Rowing League. First race is 10.30am.
- 1 There may be no carnival again - but that won't dampen spirits as Christmas plans are unveiled
- 2 Sinclair's special start on community day
- 3 Sally Allen: When is a woman not a woman?
- 4 Basketball: Torbay Tigers back to winning ways
- 5 Junior anglers take the fishing limelight
- 6 Torquay United 2 King's Lynn Town 0
- 7 Retro Sport: Lottery winner's cricket ambition that money couldn't buy
- 8 Rowing: Excellent conditions for river Dart racing
- 9 Securing future of Pavilion takes step forward
- 10 Artist William comes out from 'hiding' for exhibition