Runners battle weather and course to complete ultra marathon
- Credit: Submitted
A quartet of South Devon AC runners battled the weather and a tough course to complete the Mendip Marauder 30-mile Ultra Marathon on Saturday.
Stuart Batten ran a great race finishing in fourth place (third male) with Dani Waters, Antony Waters and Michelle Coles all finishing with good times.
Friday evening saw a strong SDAC team at the Run Exe Relays finish in 17th place, Harry keeping his shirt on and running the fastest leg in 13:48.
As usual on Saturday, there were plenty of SDAC athletes running and volunteering at ParkRun – Ben Reed continuing his good form with a new personal best of 19:51.
On Sunday, three SDAC juniors - Hannah Carr, Lauren Carr and Ava Sams - successfully completed the Duke of Edinburgh bronze award having been volunteering at ParkRun and Junior ParkRun. A great achievement!
Run Exe Relays: Jon Hiscoke 15:52, Liam Lindon 14:15, Colin Peters 15:34, Harry Harrison 13:48
Mendip Marauder: Stuart Batten 5:08, Dani Waters 6:03, Antony Waters 6:45, Michelle Coles 7:19
- 1 Nightmare on Torwood Street continues...
- 2 Are you running on E10 and is it feeling any different?
- 3 Busy weekend for South Devon AC runners
- 4 The Spanish are beaten on their field of stones
- 5 Spirited draw for the Gulls
- 6 Torbay AAC trio tackle Saints' Way Challenge
- 7 Paignton Bowling Club win Mid Devon League Cup
- 8 Seafront switch on for a brighter and lighter future
- 9 Picture special: Torbay beauty spots
- 10 Chesterfield 2 Torquay United 2
Torbay Velopark ParkRun: 20 Ben Reed 19:51(PB), 38 Jonathan Hiscoke 21:32, 75 Piers Calascione 23:17, 97 Vince Langdon 24:01, 120 Hannah Carr 24:50, 137 Lauren Carr 25:32, 139 Steve Carr 25:37, 154 Kate Maslin 26:08, 202 Oscar Mytton 28:06, 225 Roger Webb 28:59, 248 David Cubberley 30:24, 283 Alison Ford 32:49, 288 Jean Lyle 33:07, 321 Brenda Grant 35:40, 347 John Drennan 38:38
Torbay Junior ParkRun: 2 Harry Kendall 07:40(PB), 5 Archer Tedstone 08:25(PB), 13 Cooper Tedstone 09:57.