Angling: Cooler temperatures favour carp anglers
- Credit: John Sherlock
The cooler temperatures seem to have levelled off giving the carp anglers a chance to get among the fish once again.
Newbarn Angling Centre has produced the goods this week with an angler I normally associate as a sea angler landing a mirror carp of 20lbs on a Krill boilie.
Newbarn regular Bob Wooster, from Paignton, took his wife Shirley for a day session where they fish Bob’s favourite surface method tempting a fish known as Julie, the biggest in the lake out, weighing in at a magnificent 27lbs.
Exmouth’s Alex Webb fished a carp a diem social at Goodiford Mill with nine other anglers landed an 18lbs common carp.
Tim Parsons, of Exmouth’s Hook, Line and Tackle, fished a local beach for bass, landing several fish up to about 4lbs.
Gary Bowden, also of Exmouth, travelled to the Bristol Channel and was rewarded with thornback rays to about 9lbs.
Elsewhere in the Bristol Channel, Darren Bell of Honiton SAC got among the small eyed rays with his best fish going 9lbs 9oz.
- 1 Gary Johnson: Whatever I may say, I'm a very bad loser
- 2 Tough player decisions ahead as Gaffer tries to build Torquay United squad fit for success
- 3 How we can cope with the Enemy Within
- 4 TW Livermead Coffee Girls
- 5 How you can help us win the battle against winter
- 6 Christmas hamper appeal aims to help 120 Torbay families
- 7 Torbay snooker returns with the Winter League season
- 8 Brixham Reserves take the biggest stride forward in South Devon Prem
- 9 Winter fest is back - and so too is Father Christmas
- 10 Christmas arrives in Torquay thanks to a sparkly wand (and an MP and jeweller)
Paignton's Dan Hale had some worm left over from a previous session and visited one of our estuaries on as night session looking for flounders. He found four and a hungry bass.
Stuart Pike has been out before the weather set in, finding the gurnards and bream with the best fish being a blonde ray to the rod of Wayne Thomas, a fish estimated at 14lbs.
The fish of the month winner will be announced next week so there is still time to get your pictures and reports in. Prizes are kindly given by Sidewinder Lures and Newbarn Angling Centre.