£9,000 prize fund to be won in Torbay Sea Angling Festival
- Credit: submitted
The Torbay Sea Angling Festival is back next month - with an impressive £9,000 prize fund.
The 2021 edition of the long-standing and popular jamboree will run from 8pm on Friday, September 3, to September 12, with some of the best sea fishermen and women in the country using all their skill over a wide range of territory.
The competition shoreline runs from Bolt Head at Salcombe to Pinhay Bay near Lyme Regis.
Sponsored by Shimano, the prize list is topped by £500 for the best fish.
Adults can pay £40 for an all-festival entry or £6 a day, with lower rates for younger anglers.
Entry forms are available at local angling shops and clubs, but for more information go to the festival website www.torbayfishingfestival.org or email email@example.com
- 1 £1million grants to give Bay new housing boost
- 2 United 'Community Day' to unite Bay - and there are 1,000 free tickets
- 3 Underdog mindset for the Gulls
- 4 Ticket price offer for Torquay United's FA Cup tie
- 5 This sorry saga was always going to end in tears - but we need the horses and what about the Proms?
- 6 Turning our season around
- 7 MP Anthony Mangnall: I've a new-found appreciation for hard work of our fishermen
- 8 Aldi, KFC and Costa Coffee plan approved for 'Gateway to Torquay'
- 9 Bridleway takes you to Agatha Christie's 'loveliest place in the world'
- 10 Torquay settle for replay after Hawks threw everything at them in dying moments