£3,500 boost for Torbay disabled sailors
- Credit: Archant
Members of Torbay's Disabled Sailing Association have been presented with £3,500 after an employee of Exeter-based company nominated the group as a charity worthy of support.
Diane Hayman, marketing manager from Hawksmoor Investment Management, Exeter, presented the cheque on board the DSA yacht Freedom, accompanied by Stephanie Williams, the employee who nominated the Disabled Sailing Association.
Hawksmoor Investment Management, Exeter, choose which charity to support each year from organisations recommended by their own staff. Fortunately for the DSA Stephanie Williams is a volunteer with the DSA, and nominated the association as being worthy of support.
Although DSA patron Sir Chay Blyth was unable to attend, a message was read out on his behalf by Peter Turner, chairman of the DSA: 'Although I am unable to be with you for the presentation of the cheque from Hawksmoor Investment Management I did want to say a few words. Like all of you, I'm delighted that the Exeter office of Hawksmoor Investment Management has chosen the Disabled Sailing Association as their Charity of the Year 2020.
'Their magnificent donation will be used to purchase hi-tech safety equipment which I know means a lot to our members. Our heartfelt thanks to Hawksmoor - you've helped a great cause.
'I look forward to coming down to Torquay, meeting you all, and perhaps getting out on the boats with you. My thanks again to Hawksmoor, and my best wishes to everyone. Chay'
- 1 Gulls start pre-season with a victory
- 2 First friendly for Torquay United
- 3 The little door behind the main stand
- 4 £15,000 'compensation' as Nemane leaves Torquay United
- 5 Expert advice proved to be icing on cake for cafe sisters Abi and Finola
- 6 Determination and talent... wracked by injuries, Gulls refused to go under
- 7 Ironman effort to raise cash for Torbay surf therapy project
- 8 Amazing day of transfers at Torquay United
- 9 Spacious, family home in ideal location close to schools, shops and beaches
- 10 Nemane to Notts