South Devon Football League: Brixham through to last 16 of Devon Premier Cup

Torbay Weekly

Brixham AFC Reserves are into the last 16 of the Devon Premier Cup following victory over Kentisbeare last Saturday.

They will be joined by fellow TCS SDFL Premier Division side Buckfastleigh Rangers who enjoyed a fantastic victory over DFL outfit Budleigh Salterton.

Devon and Exeter League Premier Division outfit Kentisbeare have yet to be beaten on home turf in their league campaign but Brixham arrived at Rectory Park with an unblemished record on their travels.

Doubles from Dom Aplin and Mark Griffiths and further goals from Joshua Cawsey and Alex Harding saw the Fishermen book their place in the fourth round with a 6-3 win, Rhys Cruse, George Fawell and Lee Riggs on target for the hosts.

Steven Sutton put away a hat-trick and Lewis Cox came off the bench to score a worldie with his first touch as Rangers saw off the challenge of the Robins at the Duckspond, 4-2 the final result.

Both sides will now be aiming to become the first SDFL sides to make the quarter finals of the competition since East Allington United in the 2016/17 season.

East Allington moved up to third in the Premier Division, behind Buckfastleigh and Brixham, with a 2-1 win at Osborne Park. New signing from Meadowbrook, Ben Bowhay, struck the Pirates' opener but Newton Abbot '66 scored an equaliser before half-time, Darren Fisher finding the net.

Finley Bullen scored the decider as East Allington racked up four wins in a row - all away from home!

Alex Henniker scored twice for Ivybridge Town Reserves as they won 3-1 at Elburton Villa Reserves. Sam Stevens also found the net for the Ivies before Cody Jones pulled one back for the hosts.

Lee Morgan scored a hat-trick for Salcombe Town as the Crabs put lowly Barton Athletic to the sword. Barton are yet to register a point and lost out 9-2 on Saturday with Charlie Barnes and substitute Joshua Harris both scoring twice for Salcombe and John Barrow and Ashley Yeoman completing the rout.

The other Premier Division game was a 2-2 draw between Meadowbrook Athletic and The Windmill. Thomas Comyn and sub Liam Collings notched for Brook with Carlton Allen getting both of the visitors' goals.

There were only two games in Division One. Waldon Athletic missed out on the chance to go top as they were narrowly beaten 2-1 away at Paignton Saints Reserves. Jake

Powell and Ben Hamilton-Hill found the net for Saints with Oliver Moxham scoring for the Clarets.

Mark McGregor's 70th minute equaliser from Sam Passmore's first half opener looked to have earned Upton Athletic their first point of the season. But David Hatch's injury time header from Hadyn Sibley's cross saw Harbertonford grab the points for their second away win on the bounce.

Leaders Kingsteignton Athletic are through to the last 16 of the Devon Senior Cup after a 2-0 home win over Bow AAC. Chudleigh Athletic Reserves join the Rams in the hat after their 3-2 triumph at Winkleigh Reserves but Beesands Rovers bowed out on penalties to Torrington Reserves following a 2-2 draw.

Ilsington Villa's Senior Cup game against Upottery also went to penalty kicks. Three times Villa had to come back in normal time, Dan Langford, George Harris and Tom Smith with the strikes. Harris clinched Villa's place in the fourth round with the decisive spot-kick in a 4-3 shoot-out victory.

Fellow Division Two sides Babbacombe Corinthians and East Allington United Reserves were knocked out, Corries losing 4-3 at Shebbear United and the Pirates beaten 3-0 at home to Alphington Reserves.

In Division Two, Ipplepen Athletic Reserves won 5-4 at home to Newton Abbot Spurs Thirds to move into the top six. Paignton Villa Reserves picked up a valuable point at home to Newton Rovers. Joe Windsor scored twice for Villa and was joined on the score-sheet by Ciaran Farley. Nigel Vass doubled up for Rovers with Owen Clausen their other scorer in a 3-3 draw.

Barton Athletic Reserves won 2-1 at home to Dartmouth AFC Reserves, bringing their run of three heavy defeats to an end.

Brixham Town are back on top in Division Three after a comfortable 7-0 home win over Bishopsteignton United. Stuart Pointon scored twice for Town with the other goals supplied by Jack Turak, Jamie Warran, Lewis Booth and subs Dalton and Seve Sanders.

Liverton United Reserves enjoyed back to back wins as they defeated Chudleigh Athletic Thirds 6-3 away. Nicholas Rushe managed a hat-trick and there were further goals from Joseph Brittain, Callum Hale and Joshua Passmore-Tarpey. Chudleigh's goals came from Tyler Brown, Jack Salmons and Christian Williams. Liverton ended the game a man light after Tyler Tubridy was sent off.

South Brent's 100 per cent record is gone after they lost out 4-1 at leaders Bovey Tracey Reserves in Division Four, Alistair Chuchuck with a hat-trick.

Watcombe Wanderers Thirds, Babbacombe Corinthians Reserves and Brixham Town Reserves all picked up wins.

Four SDFL sides are through to the next round of the Devon Intermediate Cup. Galmpton United Reserves cruised to a 4-0 win over Sandymere Blues, Teign Village ousted AFC Exe 2-1, Kingsteignton Athletic Reserves sneaked through 4-3 against Uplyme and Waldon Athletic Reserves won 6-2 at Devon Yeoman Reserves.