Writers' workshops for Torbay youngsters
- Credit: Doorstep Arts
A call-out has been made to writers aged eight to 18 for the August Young Writers' Exchange at Torre Abbey.
Young people are being invited to join Doorstep Arts for their Young Writers’ Exchange.
Working in two groups, eight to 12 years and 13 to 18 years, young writers will create their own stories, poems, scripts and songs using a range of exercises and games.
Final pieces will be shared with a closed audience of family and friends, alongside a group of young carers from Bristol-based theatre company, ACTA.
The Young Writers' Exchange will be led by Vicki Horan from Above Bounds, Beyond Face and Sam Parker from Down Stage Write, Theatre Royal Plymouth.
Sam Parker, of Doorstep Arts, said: ‘We are always looking to tell new stories from and about Torbay.
"The Young Writers' Exchange has proven a great way to give young people the platform to do just that and we are excited to bring it back for another year."
- 1 Swiss Raw crew cross finish line to win Atlantic rowing race
- 2 2021 Talisker Whisky Atlantic Challenge rowers heading for finish line
- 3 Torbay remains 'Covid capital of Devon' despite drop in cases
- 4 Retro Sport: Never too old to attract a talent scout
- 5 Motoring: More new arrivals in 2022 - and a bonus for electric users in the future
- 6 Bay residents facing 2.99 per cent rise in council tax
- 7 Angling junior Keri showing the seniors how it is done
- 8 School celebrates double award success
- 9 Improved conditions for 2021 Talisker Whisky Atlantic Challenge boats
- 10 Gulls savour 'huge three points'
The Young Writers' Project will take place on August 17, 18, 19, 24 and 27 at Torre Abbey in partnership with the International Agatha Christie Festival and with the support of the D’Oyly Carte Charitable Trust.
Email email@example.com for more information.