Writers' workshops for Torbay youngsters
- Credit: Doorstep Arts
A call-out has been made to writers aged eight to 18 for the August Young Writers' Exchange at Torre Abbey.
Young people are being invited to join Doorstep Arts for their Young Writers’ Exchange.
Working in two groups, eight to 12 years and 13 to 18 years, young writers will create their own stories, poems, scripts and songs using a range of exercises and games.
Final pieces will be shared with a closed audience of family and friends, alongside a group of young carers from Bristol-based theatre company, ACTA.
The Young Writers' Exchange will be led by Vicki Horan from Above Bounds, Beyond Face and Sam Parker from Down Stage Write, Theatre Royal Plymouth.
Sam Parker, of Doorstep Arts, said: ‘We are always looking to tell new stories from and about Torbay.
"The Young Writers' Exchange has proven a great way to give young people the platform to do just that and we are excited to bring it back for another year."
- 1 £1million grants to give Bay new housing boost
- 2 United 'Community Day' to unite Bay - and there are 1,000 free tickets
- 3 Torquay settle for replay after Hawks threw everything at them in dying moments
- 4 Underdog mindset for the Gulls
- 5 Ticket price offer for Torquay United's FA Cup tie
- 6 This sorry saga was always going to end in tears - but we need the horses and what about the Proms?
- 7 MP Anthony Mangnall: I've a new-found appreciation for hard work of our fishermen
- 8 Turning our season around
- 9 Aldi, KFC and Costa Coffee plan approved for 'Gateway to Torquay'
- 10 Stoppage-time goal books Torquay United under-18s a place in FA Youth Cup first round
The Young Writers' Project will take place on August 17, 18, 19, 24 and 27 at Torre Abbey in partnership with the International Agatha Christie Festival and with the support of the D’Oyly Carte Charitable Trust.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.