Winter fest is back - and so too is Father Christmas
- Credit: Torbay Council
After a year’s absence, Torre Abbey’s popular Christmas gift and craft fair is returning on Saturday 27 and Sunday 28 November. For the first time the event will be held in the stunning setting of the Spanish Barn.
Stalls will be selling a unique array of handmade local items that you won’t find on the high street. Items on sale include Christmas decorations, toys, jewellery, knitted and crochet gifts, craft kits and a range of wooden objects made by a local wood turner.
There will also be a selection of alpaca products produced at a local farm and fantastic artwork made by the Creative Christian Network.
Entry to Winter Fest includes free entry to the main house, where visitors can enjoy a Christmas Traditions Exhibition and Festive Garden Trail.
A whole host of other events are taking place at Torre Abbey in the lead up to Christmas, including Wreath Making Workshops with the Head Gardener. For something particularly magical, storyteller Sara Hurley will be sharing some 'nutty and spicy, fire and icy seasonal stories to warm the cockles of your heart'.
Following the stories, children will be able to decorate a Christmas biscuit to enjoy with a mug of hot chocolate.
On Saturday 11 and Sunday 12 December, Torre Abbey welcomes a very special visitor. Father Christmas will be taking some time out of his busy schedule to meet local children in his grotto and hear their requests about what they would like for Christmas.
- 1 How we can cope with the Enemy Within
- 2 Johnson looking to turn around the "mess"
- 3 Devon beaches producing a healthy catch
- 4 Jim Parker: Top fashion store Maggie & Co closes doors after 48 years - but 'we leave on a high'
- 5 Norrms McNamara: Ten-second delay...
- 6 Part Two of the famous Gents bus and Beacon Down becomes Broken Down!
- 7 Torbay's green spaces go wild
- 8 Picture special: Sunrise in Torquay
- 9 Driving home for Christmas - but plan ahead to minimise problems
- 10 Extended semi-detached house offers scope for annexe
Father Christmas grotto slots run from 10.30am until 3.30pm on Saturday 11 and Sunday 12 December only and are exclusively for one family at a time. Entry to the grotto is included with normal admission price, with each child receiving a small gift.
Winter Fest is open from 10am until 5pm on Saturday 27 and Sunday 28 November, tickets cost £3 for adults and £1 for children (under 5’s free). Winter Fest tickets include free entry to the house and gardens.
The Christmas Traditions Exhibition runs until Christmas Eve. All Christmas events can be booked through the website at www.torre-abbey.org.uk/