Well done 'Page 3 girl' Laura (this week it's Page 2)
- Credit: Submitted
Torquay post office worker Laura Hall and her son Ben have raised £1,272.00 for charity after a terrific response from customers.
Laura, who has worked at the Watcombe post office for 13 years, and 23-year-old Ben took part in the ‘Run 50 miles in February Challenge’ in aid of the Children’s Society.
She said: “I would just like to thank all the local community. I think this shows how important local shops in the community are and how much we genuinely have a good relationship with our customers. It has really showed in their generosity.”
She also said a big thanks to Ben who ‘keeps me going when I'm struggling and moaning up all the hills in Torquay’.
Their fund-raising mission was featured on Page Three of the Torbay Weekly.
“The customers found it very amusing that I'd finally made it to be a page 3 girl. That caused quite a few comments,” said Laura.
- 1 Swiss Raw crew cross finish line to win Atlantic rowing race
- 2 2021 Talisker Whisky Atlantic Challenge rowers heading for finish line
- 3 Torbay remains 'Covid capital of Devon' despite drop in cases
- 4 Retro Sport: Never too old to attract a talent scout
- 5 Motoring: More new arrivals in 2022 - and a bonus for electric users in the future
- 6 Bay residents facing 2.99 per cent rise in council tax
- 7 Angling junior Keri showing the seniors how it is done
- 8 School celebrates double award success
- 9 Improved conditions for 2021 Talisker Whisky Atlantic Challenge boats
- 10 Remembering our loved ones this Christmas