Well done 'Page 3 girl' Laura (this week it's Page 2)
- Credit: Submitted
Torquay post office worker Laura Hall and her son Ben have raised £1,272.00 for charity after a terrific response from customers.
Laura, who has worked at the Watcombe post office for 13 years, and 23-year-old Ben took part in the ‘Run 50 miles in February Challenge’ in aid of the Children’s Society.
She said: “I would just like to thank all the local community. I think this shows how important local shops in the community are and how much we genuinely have a good relationship with our customers. It has really showed in their generosity.”
She also said a big thanks to Ben who ‘keeps me going when I'm struggling and moaning up all the hills in Torquay’.
Their fund-raising mission was featured on Page Three of the Torbay Weekly.
“The customers found it very amusing that I'd finally made it to be a page 3 girl. That caused quite a few comments,” said Laura.
- 1 For our 'rock' as much as anybody, everything is crossed for promotion
- 2 Emotional day that revealed close-knit family behind monarchy
- 3 Spacious and flexible accommodation has been improved, updated, and extended
- 4 Plans unveiled to demolish Torquay Debenhams store
- 5 Dramatic bovine rescue from Torbay waters
- 6 Prince Philip's final resting place will be in tiny chapel
- 7 National League round-up
- 8 An ideal family home or investment purchase
- 9 All aboard the Land train for lots of fun - and a history lesson or two!
- 10 I hope formality is put aside and the Queen is able to grieve for Prince Philip