Virtual coffee morning is open to all - bring your own coffee and biscuits!
- Credit: YES Brixham
In a bid to break the lockdown blues, YES Brixham has recently launched its very own, free-to-access community coffee morning.
The coffee morning, aimed at people of all ages, will be meeting every Friday morning at 11am until midday via the online platform Zoom.
These sessions have been planned as a part of YES Brixhams response to Covid-19 and are all about connecting with new people, sharing stories, and seeing a friendly face or two.
The sessions are open to anyone and can be accessed through Zoom using the meeting ID 885 9401 6236, the password is 851414. Unfortunately for obvious reasons, no biscuits or coffee will be provided, but bring your own!
YES Brixham has been offering free-to-access weekly activity since the very first lockdown.
The Young Volunteers meet via Zoom every Wednesday at 6.30pm. The Young Volunteers is a group of young people aged 14 to 25 committed to making a difference to their local community.
The sessions are all about bringing young people together in a safe and supportive environment and exploring new ways of making a positive difference in Brixham.
- 1 Relentless from Torquay United
- 2 For our 'rock' as much as anybody, everything is crossed for promotion
- 3 Concluding the debate about diesel v petrol v electric cars
- 4 Rowers - and Mr Portillo - in bid to go round world in 80 days and raise money for Rowcroft
- 5 Woking 0 Torquay United 2
- 6 Royal Mail set to drop objection to Crossways redevelopment
- 7 Picture special: Memories of visits to Torbay and South Devon
- 8 Plans unveiled to demolish Torquay Debenhams store
- 9 Herbert Whitley fulfilled earlier vision of a zoo when opening Paignton Zoological and Botanical Gardens
- 10 Chance to have your say on power giants' massive investment plans
Over the summer months you may have seen us litter picking around Brixham, particularly on its beloved Breakwater.
Young Volunteers are currently planning a new project redeveloping a plot of land into a new community garden.
If you would like to learn more about how to get involved or join the group of Young Volunteers, you can contact them at firstname.lastname@example.org
The MusicAtTheEdge project has also delivered free-to-access music workshops every week via Zoom since the lockdowns began.
The group of local musicians meet online every Thursday at 4pm to play music, share songs, plan online festivals and create collaborative music videos!
You can find out all about them on Facebook at www.facebook.com/MusicAtTheEdge1
If you sing, play a musical instrument or would like to learn, please do contact email@example.com and come and get involved!
YES Brixham is still offering information, advice and support via telephone and email and can provide access to a dedicated Citizens Advice service aimed at Brixham residents which have appointments available every Thursday from 10am to 1pm.
You can contact them on 01803 851414 and firstname.lastname@example.org
If you would like to learn a little more about the charity or the projects being delivered, log on to www.bxyes.org.uk or find them on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/YESBrixham