Videos aim to help get Brixham cooking together
- Credit: Archant
Katherine Oliverio of Yes! Brixham writes about Brixham Stronger Together, a collaboration of more than 14 organisations working with and for the community in Brixham
Brixham Stronger Together has been working with the Brixham Chamber of Commerce to make sure small businesses, their owners and staff are supported during these difficult times.
Many of those businesses are not able to access paid-for employee assistance programmes, which often provide support to businesses by offering information and advice, stress and anxiety support, employment support and more.
Brixham Stronger Together has been able to package up individual offers into its own employee assistance programme to support these small businesses that are so important to the town's economy.
It is hoped that through this, people who work in the town will be able to maintain a good level of mental health and wellbeing, building the resilience for themselves and their businesses in the months to come.
Brixham Stronger Together, in partnership with Torbay Community Support Alliance and Turning Heads Torbay, has created some short videos showing how to cook tasty and nutritious food on a budget using the NHS Food Parcel Recipe Booklet put together by the Health Lifestyles team.
The videos will accompany food parcels given out to families alongside activity packs provided by Youth Genesis, books donated to us by The Book Trust through Libraries Unlimited and sports equipment funded through Brixham Town Council and all delivered by Yes! Brixham.
- 1 Jim Parker: Now is the Time for action after Chief Constable's revealing walkabout
- 2 United heading into the future
- 3 Money talks in professional football - but it can't buy success
- 4 Majestic opportunities for a new career choice
- 5 Princess curtain to rise after 509 days in the darkness
- 6 Gulls delighted with first crowd of the summer
- 7 No packed lunches but six weeks of bad weather!
- 8 'Pinged' Gulls trio out of action
- 9 Spacious, family home in ideal location close to schools, shops and beaches
- 10 £15,000 'compensation' as Nemane leaves Torquay United
The aim is families will be able to access healthy food over the school holidays and will be able to cook together along to the videos.
New videos will be released weekly. Access the videos via the Yes! Brixham Facebook page @YES Brixham or by visiting the Turning Heads website www.turningheads.org.uk/cooking/
Thank you to Turning Heads Torbay for creating the videos and helping Brixham Stronger Together to share them across the Bay.
If you are struggling to get access to food, Brixham has two food banks that can help support you:
• Brixham Food Bank, weekdays 2pm to 4pm behind the town hall - call 07873 164 211
• The Edge Food Bank, weekdays 11am to 5pm - call 01803 851 414.