Urgent appeal for help to care for cats in need
- Credit: Feline Network
This is an urgent appeal from Feline Network and Hector’s House cat rescues in Torbay.
We work closely with HH to help save more cats, although they predominantly take the un-neutered stray boys.
As many of you will be aware, we sadly lost the Blue Cross cattery recently, which could house up to 50 cats awaiting homes.
We expected the impact on local rescues to be big, but even we underestimated how huge it would be!
We are now getting many calls on a daily basis, as well as messages on email and social media, to take in stray, abandoned and unwanted cats.
We have always prioritised injured, stray and older cats.
All our foster spaces and pens are full to bursting, we have a waiting list that is growing longer by the day.
- 1 It's taken a generation but it is definitely now Paignton's turn
- 2 Jim Parker: Now is the Time for action after Chief Constable's revealing walkabout
- 3 Pre-season fundraiser in memory of footballers Kyle and Hayden
- 4 Retro Sport: Tracking Plainmoor heroes of the 1950s
- 5 Argyle sharpness defeats United
- 6 Laura will use Equity role to change attitudes about regional theatre
- 7 Regency-style terrace was leased to the rich and famous
- 8 Busy time in the transfer market
- 9 Farewell to Wellswood
- 10 £900,000 state-of-art gym signals start of new era at RIC
We urgently need:
- fosterers for our rescued cats - this can be anything from a pregnant queen, kittens, older cat, those with injuries, those with no homes or those who have just got lost. While in our care, cats are neutered, vaccinated and vet checked
- cat food and litter for our rescued cats
- funds - every cat coming into care sees a vet, most need neutering, vaccinating, chipping, many need dentals, usually they need flea and worming treatment, one cat can cost us up to or over £1,000. One cat currently in care has a nasty gash through his foot, the other an old badly healed broken leg which needs resetting.
If you are looking to rehome your cat and it is not urgent, please try to hold off asking rescue, we are here to help and try to take in as many as we can but we ask you to be patient.
This situation is only going to get worse, so we ask for any support you can offer.
We are a small, independent community-based rescue.
Contact us on Facebook, twitter, firstname.lastname@example.org, www.felinenetwork.co.uk – donations can be sent to paypal at email@example.com