Underwater photographers focus on Torbay 'Splash-in'
- Credit: Terry Griffiths
Torbay British Sub-Aqua Club is set to hold its fifth annual 'Splash-In', a one-day underwater photography competition.
Entrants - who come from across the South West - must take their underwater photographs on the competition day before 5pm within the Torbay area.
There are four classes of entry: wide-angle, macro, compact camera, and beginners as well as a popular vote prize.
The competition is open to anyone with an interest in underwater photography and photos can be taken while scuba diving or simply snorkelling.
Details on how to enter the competition can be found on the Torbay BSAC website at www.torbay-bsac.co.uk
Prizes will be awarded at a dinner taking place that evening at the Royal Torbay Yacht Club in Torquay.
Peter Rowlands, editor of Underwater Photography magazine, is again judging the competition.
- 1 There may be no carnival again - but that won't dampen spirits as Christmas plans are unveiled
- 2 Sally Allen: When is a woman not a woman?
- 3 Basketball: Torbay Tigers back to winning ways
- 4 Sinclair's special start on community day
- 5 Retro Sport: Lottery winner's cricket ambition that money couldn't buy
- 6 Rowing: Excellent conditions for river Dart racing
- 7 Securing future of Pavilion takes step forward
- 8 Stephen Coombes picture special: Dartmouth and Kingswear
- 9 Torquay United 2 King's Lynn Town 0
- 10 Junior anglers take the fishing limelight
Torbay BSAC is a branch of the British Sub-Aqua Club, the governing body for sport diving in the UK.
The branch was founded in 1954 and is currently based in Torquay Harbour, where the club dive boat is moored.
Existing divers and those wishing to learn to dive are welcome to join the club on
their regular dives in Torbay and further afield.