Two new businesses welcomed as Cockington facilities reopen
- Credit: Archant
Visitors are now able to enjoy the facilities at Cockington again following the pandemic lockdown.
The Manor House, studios, galleries and cafe have reopened open to the public with safety measures in place for visitors and staff.
Marissa Wakefield, Cockington Court Craft Centre director, said: 'I am so proud of the team and all the businesses on site who have worked together to make reopening possible.
'Many of the craft studios are now open, with safety measures in place. Thanks to these plans we have been awarded the 'We're Good To Go' industry standard from Visit Britain.
'It is great to see visitors returning and enjoying the outdoor space, the studios and galleries.'
During lockdown new craft makers have joined Cockington Court's creative community.
The Sea Change Studios are now home to Dandelions and Pearls and Yarde Cider.
- 1 For our 'rock' as much as anybody, everything is crossed for promotion
- 2 Desperate men killing the game
- 3 National League round-up
- 4 Plans unveiled to demolish Torquay Debenhams store
- 5 All aboard the Land train for lots of fun - and a history lesson or two!
- 6 Prince Philip's final resting place will be in tiny chapel
- 7 Mum-of-two Robyn recognised as 'outstanding student - and she runs her own business
- 8 Weekend watch for Torquay United
- 9 Brooke and her band of little helpers walk tall for crisis-hit pony club
- 10 I hope formality is put aside and the Queen is able to grieve for Prince Philip
Planning for weddings and events didn't stop during either. The team at the court has welcomed back happy couples to celebrate their special day.
Events planned for May to September 2020 had been postponed due to Covid-19, but the new event season will start with the return of Illyria Outdoor Theatre on Monday, August 31.
Marissa said: 'It is has been so rewarding to be able to continue to work with people and businesses to keep the vibrancy of the court alive.
'It is great to welcome two fantastic new businesses to the studios.
'We are very lucky that so many talented people want to be part of our community.
'We continue to work with our wedding customers to do everything possible to plan and deliver their celebrations.
'Now we know we can deliver a safe and happy occasion we are taking bookings for the rest of the year and 2021.
'Events are such a big part of what we do here.
'We are so pleased that we are able to secure the performance of The Wind in the Willows by Illyria for the August bank holiday.
'This will be a great end to the summer and the start of our autumn events.'
For further information, visit www.cockingtoncourt.org