Testing time for Rotary trailer
- Credit: Submitted
ROTARIANS in Brixham have donated their currently idle display trailer to be used as a Covid testing station.
With permission of the local Rotary District, the trailer is being used by Ramsey Health Care for testing.
President Adrian Laurie said: “I was delighted to ask District for the use of the vehicle in this way when Jaci Evans, one of our members, came up with the idea.
“District also saw this one of the many ways Rotary clubs help their communities.”
“Before the complete lockdown I collected the trailer and delivered it to Mount Stuart Hospital in Torquay and then moved it to its current location at Exeter Medical, where it is used to swab patients, prior to their procedures.
“The trailer provides the space and cover required, via its extendable canopy, for nursing staff to be able to swab patients in any weather in their own vehicles, which can be parked alongside the unit."
- 1 Havant & Waterlooville 4 Torquay United 2
- 2 Gary Johnson: "Our travelling fans were let down"
- 3 Big Cup night for the Gulls
- 4 Torquay solicitors win Law Firm of Year award
- 5 Torbay Triathlon Club's bumper results amid bumpy weather
- 6 Family 'overwhelmed' by tributes after death of rugby and port legend Bern
- 7 New loan signing for United
- 8 John 'flabbergasted' as he is shortlisted for top award
- 9 Death of former Gulls winger Tony Scott in Australia
- 10 New signings on their way despite win