Hospital sculpture trail will be 'lasting memory' of this challenging time
- Credit: Submitted
A new sculpture trail has been unveiled at Torbay Hospital as part of a celebration of green spaces and in recognition of their benefits for wellbeing.
Devon-based sculptor Zoe Singleton collaborated with the Torbay and South Devon NHS Foundation Trust’s HeArTs team (Health and the Arts in Torbay and South Devon) to develop the project.
The five sculptures form a trail for people to pause, think and reflect.
Through engagement with staff, Zoe identified key words from their thoughts about the importance of outdoor space. The words were handwritten by staff.
Liz Davenport, Trust Chief Executive, said: “It has never been more important than now to make sure that we protect the health and wellbeing of the people who do our caring, and the waymarker stones are a really important symbol.”
The project was opened virtually by Torbay MP Kevin Foster, who said: “I’d like to pay tribute to Zoe and the team at Torbay Culture who have helped take this project forward, and it’s something that is going to be quite a lasting memory of this time.”
- 1 Charlton await United - if Gulls can win FA Cup replay
- 2 Johnson on FA Cup result: 'Havant deserved something out of game'
- 3 United 'Community Day' to unite Bay - and there are 1,000 free tickets
- 4 Picture special: Torbay buses
- 5 Retro Sport with Roger Mann: An ambition which money just can't buy!
- 6 'Mixed' bag for Torbay teams as basketball season opens
- 7 A harvest of hope at Pollinator Patch
- 8 Torquay settle for replay after Hawks threw everything at them in dying moments
- 9 September new registrations fall - fuelled by shortages
- 10 This sorry saga was always going to end in tears - but we need the horses and what about the Proms?