Hospital sculpture trail will be 'lasting memory' of this challenging time
- Credit: Submitted
A new sculpture trail has been unveiled at Torbay Hospital as part of a celebration of green spaces and in recognition of their benefits for wellbeing.
Devon-based sculptor Zoe Singleton collaborated with the Torbay and South Devon NHS Foundation Trust’s HeArTs team (Health and the Arts in Torbay and South Devon) to develop the project.
The five sculptures form a trail for people to pause, think and reflect.
Through engagement with staff, Zoe identified key words from their thoughts about the importance of outdoor space. The words were handwritten by staff.
Liz Davenport, Trust Chief Executive, said: “It has never been more important than now to make sure that we protect the health and wellbeing of the people who do our caring, and the waymarker stones are a really important symbol.”
The project was opened virtually by Torbay MP Kevin Foster, who said: “I’d like to pay tribute to Zoe and the team at Torbay Culture who have helped take this project forward, and it’s something that is going to be quite a lasting memory of this time.”
- 1 Relentless from Torquay United
- 2 For our 'rock' as much as anybody, everything is crossed for promotion
- 3 Concluding the debate about diesel v petrol v electric cars
- 4 Rowers - and Mr Portillo - in bid to go round world in 80 days and raise money for Rowcroft
- 5 Woking 0 Torquay United 2
- 6 Royal Mail set to drop objection to Crossways redevelopment
- 7 Picture special: Memories of visits to Torbay and South Devon
- 8 Plans unveiled to demolish Torquay Debenhams store
- 9 Herbert Whitley fulfilled earlier vision of a zoo when opening Paignton Zoological and Botanical Gardens
- 10 Chance to have your say on power giants' massive investment plans