The classic cars and raft race are set to make a welcome return
- Credit: Totnes Rotary
The classic cars are making a comeback - and so, too are the famous rafts.
Totnes Rotary have confirmed events which have fallen victim to Covid and the weather in the past couple of years.
September 19 will see the classic car rally event at Staverton, between 11am and 4pm. This was postponed from June this year when the weather was awful.
To date there are almost 200 entries. The contact for details is Steven Evans at:-email@example.com.
The famous raft race from Buckfastleigh to Totnes will take place on October 10 this year. Already around 300 brave souls have decided to pitch their skills down the river. It will finish with celebrations on Vire Island in Totnes. To enter contact David Stevens: firstname.lastname@example.org
A Totnes Rotary spokesman said: "These events are going to be great fun so please come and support them. Remember all proceeds will go to local charities."
- 1 Torquay solicitors win Law Firm of Year award
- 2 Family 'overwhelmed' by tributes after death of rugby and port legend Bern
- 3 New loan signing for United
- 4 Torbay Business Forum pair nominated for national awards
- 5 John 'flabbergasted' as he is shortlisted for top award
- 6 Death of former Gulls winger Tony Scott in Australia
- 7 Cricket: All-rounder Craig Eaves returns to Brixham with eye on overdue promotion
- 8 Torbay builders merchant calling out to charities
- 9 United 'Community Day' to unite Bay - and there are 1,000 free tickets
- 10 Big Cup night for the Gulls