Torre Abbey set to reopen: Details of when and how it will work
- Credit: Archant
Torre Abbey will be reopening its doors to visitors next week.
With the safety of visitors and staff at the forefront of the reopening plans, the attraction will be opened gradually from Tuesday, July 14, with its 1196 Club members and Friends of Torre Abbey members being the first groups to be welcomed back.
From Tuesday, initially, only the gardens will be opened to its members, followed by the house and gardens from Tuesday, July 21.
It is proposed the house and gardens will be open to the wider public from Tuesday, July 28.
In order to be able to reopen, a number of safety measures will be in place including clearly signed one-way systems, pre-bookable only timed slots, additional hand sanitisation stations and contactless only payments.
Pre-booking is essential for all visitors including those with memberships, each timed slot will allow up to six people, including children and babies, from one visiting group to enter at a time.
Opening days will initially be limited to Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday and Saturday, and will be closed on Sunday, Monday and Thursday for cleaning.
- 1 Tributes flow for legendary harbour artist Bill - our 'William in Orange'
- 2 Dumped goldfish and carp rescued after found flapping for life on grass verge
- 3 NL suspension is out of the question
- 4 Tributes paid to college champion, BBC legend and 'real gentleman' Alan, 85
- 5 Gulls going for 'double' after transfer signings
- 6 Decision time for National League clubs
- 7 Work set to start at Torquay seafront gardens
- 8 Former Torbay mayor says Living Coasts site should become a public open space
- 9 Torquay loan goalkeeper from Truro
- 10 Property of the week has amazing sea views across Torbay
Cllr Mike Morey, Cabinet member for infrastructure, environment and culture on Torbay Council, said 'Torre Abbey has been a place of hospitality for more than 800 years and after four months of being closed due to coronavirus, we are looking forward to welcoming visitors back.
'The team at Torre Abbey have been working extremely hard behind the scenes to ensure reopening can happen as safely and sensibly as possible.
'Extra health and safety measures and cleaning regimes will be in place to ensure visitors have a safe and enjoyable visit.
'Anyone looking to visit Torre Abbey is asked to adhere to all signage and guidance that is in place.'
For details on the full reopening plan, including instructions on how to book visit www.torre-abbey.org.uk