Museum shop gears up for Christmas and appeals: 'Please shop local'
- Credit: Submitted
Torquay Museum shop is gearing up for Christmas! This is the best time of year for supporting your local community and local charities and any profit that the Museum Shop makes over Christmas will go into keeping the Museum open and safeguarding the collections for future generations. So please shop local!
Our latest stock comes from local artists such as Jean Pascal. Jean produces a range of artwork in the form of bookmarks, cards, prints and watercolours. Her works are inspired by a range of elements including sunflowers and lilies.
Savannah Southcott produces an array of woodcraft. Items range from decorations and ornaments to stationary holders and tic tac toe boards.
We recently had a donation of lovely pre-loved antique Torquay Pottery for the gift shop. These are perfect for an avid collector or anyone with a love for local heritage. We have in stock a huge variety of plates, cups, jugs, salt and pepper shakers and eggcups.
For younger ones we have an extensive assortment of Lanka Kade wooden toys to choose from in bright and bold colours. Lanka Kade specialise in producing fair trade handcrafted wooden toys and gifts for children. Our shelves are packed with a massive variety of wooden animals and knights in addition to wooden spinning tops and chunky jigsaws.
Earlier this year we began stocking a new range of Agatha Christie products. This range has been incredibly popular in store over the last few months. We have been able to acquire a number of different items based on Agatha Christie’s most iconic book covers. These designs come in the form of tea towels, magnets, keyrings, coasters, bookmarks and postcards. We even have lens cloths and large edge to edge tote bags! This is in addition to our previous collection of old and new Agatha Christie books, DVDs and prints.
We still have a good selection of Harry Potter and Star Wars merchandise.
The Museum shop is free to visit. Some items can be found on our online shop at Devonmuseums.net just look for Shop and then Torquay Museum. Alternatively, you can call us on 01803 293975 and order.
- 1 Property of the Week: Stunning seaside holiday let property
- 2 Great win on the road for United
- 3 Saluting top man 'Skivvo' as he announces he's leaving the Glovers
- 4 Torquay United under-18s triumph over league leaders
- 5 Afghan refugee family move to Torbay after delays
- 6 Swiss Raw crew cross finish line to win Atlantic rowing race
- 7 Tribute to talented artist and craftswoman Mandy, who brought out the best in those she taught
- 8 Fully fit Gulls travel to Altrincham
- 9 Solar farms are power to council's elbow but don't forget the Gulls - and the archers!
- 10 2021 Talisker Whisky Atlantic Challenge rowers heading for finish line