Torquay company gets Twitter boost from Theo Paphitis
- Credit: Fresh Handmade Cosmetics
A Torquay-based firm has received a business boost from retail entrepreneur Theo Paphitis.
Lee Smith, owner of Fresh Handmade Cosmetics, tweeted Dragon's Den TV star Theo about his business during ‘Small Business Sunday’ and was one of six weekly winners to gain a retweet by Theo to his near half-a-million Twitter followers.
The weekly initiative, set up by Theo in 2010, now has over 3,000 #SBS winners and supports small businesses in the UK.
Business and retail entrepreneur and self-confessed shopkeeper, Theo re‐tweeted Fresh Handmade Cosmetics' message to his almost 500,000 followers and as a result, freshtorquay.co.uk has more followers and extra orders for their luxury handmade SLS free products.
They are also profiled on the #SBS website (www.theopaphitissbs.com) that is exclusive to all Small Business Sunday winners.
Lee Smith said: “We’ve only been in business a year starting from a small market stall barrow to a fully stocked retail shop. It is great to have support from Theo because it’s been tough trying to raise our profile and Theo has recognised our hard work and helped spread the word about what we do to his following.”
Theo, small business champion and Ryman Stationery, Robert Dyas and Boux Avenue chairman, said: “We are thrilled to welcome new #SBS members every week and highlight just how important it is to support our small businesses here in the UK.
- 1 It's taken a generation but it is definitely now Paignton's turn
- 2 Pre-season fundraiser in memory of footballers Kyle and Hayden
- 3 Jim Parker: Now is the Time for action after Chief Constable's revealing walkabout
- 4 Retro Sport: Tracking Plainmoor heroes of the 1950s
- 5 Argyle sharpness defeats United
- 6 Laura will use Equity role to change attitudes about regional theatre
- 7 Busy time in the transfer market
- 8 Regency-style terrace was leased to the rich and famous
- 9 Torquay United 0 Argyle 3
- 10 Tom out to prove he is cut above rest
"My vision is that everyone who has ever won an #SBS re-tweet from me becomes part of a friendly club; like-minded individuals who can share successes and learnings.
"The website will also give a valuable profile to the winners chosen and I wish Fresh Handmade Cosmetics every success.”
Anyone looking for a re‐tweet from Theo should tweet him about their business on Sunday between 5pm and 7.30pm and include the hashtag #SBS.
Six lucky businesses are re‐tweeted every Monday at 8pm and then invited to enter their profile on the new website, attend the annual #SBS networking event and take advantage of the networking opportunities.
Fresh Handmade Cosmetics can be found at 11 The Market Forum, Market Street, Torquay. Log on to www.freshtorquay.co.uk or email firstname.lastname@example.org