Torbay youth trust goes online to beat virus
- Credit: Archant
Torbay youth trust turns to on-line sessions during pandemic
The Youth Genesis Trust has been working across Torbay for the past 12 years offering activities of support and learning for young people aged between 11 and 25.
A number of the youth spaces, street-based and drop-in work offers support to young people facing issues such as bullying, low self-esteem, confidence, low aspirations, substance misuse, poor mental health, relationships and health.
During the pandemic alert the Trust is continuing with its youth offer through digitised youth spaces for young people to access from Mondays to Fridays from 4pm to 6pm (term time only).
The online sessions are run securely through social media platforms alongside 'Text-a-Youth-Worker' support and its new Parent Access for parents and carers who may be struggling during the lockdown.
You can access all the information by visiting https:www.youthgenesis.org.ukcovid-19
- 1 Weekend watch for Torquay United
- 2 Ryan Law returns to Argyle
- 3 Jim Parker: Dave on the warpath again as 'majority lose out to minority' in anti-social battle
- 4 Great performance when it mattered
- 5 Rowers - and Mr Portillo - in bid to go round world in 80 days and raise money for Rowcroft
- 6 Dramatic bovine rescue from Torbay waters
- 7 'Responsible Riviera' call as restrictions ease
- 8 Charity walk was 'eye-opening experience'
- 9 Covid-19 outbreak at Torquay care home
- 10 All aboard the Land train for lots of fun - and a history lesson or two!