Torbay youth trust goes online to beat virus
- Credit: Archant
Torbay youth trust turns to on-line sessions during pandemic
The Youth Genesis Trust has been working across Torbay for the past 12 years offering activities of support and learning for young people aged between 11 and 25.
A number of the youth spaces, street-based and drop-in work offers support to young people facing issues such as bullying, low self-esteem, confidence, low aspirations, substance misuse, poor mental health, relationships and health.
During the pandemic alert the Trust is continuing with its youth offer through digitised youth spaces for young people to access from Mondays to Fridays from 4pm to 6pm (term time only).
The online sessions are run securely through social media platforms alongside 'Text-a-Youth-Worker' support and its new Parent Access for parents and carers who may be struggling during the lockdown.
You can access all the information by visiting https:www.youthgenesis.org.ukcovid-19
- 1 Show is world’s largest gathering of more than 3,000 iconic classic and vintage cars and motorbikes
- 2 Midweek shocks in the National League
- 3 Probus Club 'home' at last to hear about ghosts, gallows and 'Big Foot'
- 4 Property of the Week: Simply striking family home in semi-rural setting
- 5 Sinclair's special start on community day
- 6 Norrms McNamara: All care staff need to be trained in dementia
- 7 All go at Rotary club with new president, vaccines, golf and a chicken run!
- 8 Indoor bowls: 'A' team win all four rinks
- 9 Junior anglers take the fishing limelight
- 10 Gig racing: Brixham hosts Cornish Pilot Gig Association's veterans' championships