Torbay sports clubs facing hardship can apply for slice of £195m funding
- Credit: Archant
Community sports groups across Torbay can apply for a slice of up to £195 milllion being made available by Sport England to help them through the ongoing coronavirus crisis.
This new fund aims to help sport and physical activity organisations who are experiencing short-term financial hardship or the ceasing of operations due to the pandemic.
The Community Emergency Fund aims to deliver immediate funding to those most in need and it is specifically targeted at organisations, including those not currently supported by Sport England, and they can apply for grants between £300 and £10,000 for support with rent, utility costs, insurances, facility or equipment hire, core staffing costs including casual workers that cannot be met elsewhere by other government funds and retrospective losses dating from March 1.
Organisations that can apply include local sports clubs, voluntary and community sector organisations that deliver or enable sport and/or physical activity, including organisations that are not solely or primarily sports organisations and have an important role to play in keeping people active, that may need support for other parts of their organisation to remain open, small charitable trusts that do not qualify for financial help elsewhere and regional or county level organisations or leagues that have already paid out funds for activities that are now cancelled and are not able to claim funds from elsewhere.
For further information, log on to www.sportengland.org/how-we-can-help/our-funds/community-emergency-fund
Other funding support available for sport clubs in Torbay includes;
• Comic Relief - money to go to grantees through adapting activities, reviewing timeframes, or re-budgeting remaining funds - www.comicrelief.com/funding
- 1 Barton Hill Academy students triumph in national awards
- 2 Torquay United 3 Truro City 0
- 3 Vehicle life expectancy - who's the clever one?
- 4 World's biggest sailing ship graces Bay's horizon
- 5 School is first in Bay to reach career guidance benchmarks
- 6 Family home in popular residential area
- 7 Important news if you need to have an MOT in September
- 8 Gulls delighted with first crowd of the summer
- 9 Majestic opportunities for a new career choice
- 10 MP visits engineers building new broadband infrastructure across Torbay
• Awards for All - funding from £300 to £10,000 to support what matters to people and communities - www.tnlcommunityfund.org.uk/funding/under10k
• Persimmon Homes - With Building Futures, Persimmon will donate more than £1 million to support children in sport, health and education. Local groups which support children can apply at www.persimmonhomes.com/building-futures. With Community Champions, Persimmon gives away £64,000 each month in donations up to the value of £1,000. From this month, all funding will go directly to groups supporting the over-70s. Apply online at www.persimmonhomes.com/community-champions