Bay schools in government funding boost
- Credit: Submitted
Torbay’s MP Kevin Foster has welcomed news that four local schools will benefit from Government’s funding .
Almost £483 million has been awarded for 1,466 projects at 1,199 academies, sixth-form colleges and voluntary aided schools across the UK in the Condition Improvement Funding scheme.
in Torbay they are Torquay Girls’ Grammar, Ellacombe Church of England Academy, Preston Oldway primary schools.
The Fund is an annual bidding round to apply for capital funding. The money is to fund projects to address health and safety issues, building compliance and poor building condition.
It will go towards a flat roof replacement at Torquay Girls’ Grammar, roof, window and door works at Ellacombe, urgent security and safeguarding works at Preston and windows replacement at Oldway.
Mr Foster said: “Local teachers, support staff and head teachers have done a fantastic job in educating local pupils over the last year during this unprecedented pandemic. This news will be a very welcome boost for staff, schoolchildren and their families in Torbay.”
- 1 Havant & Waterlooville 4 Torquay United 2
- 2 Gary Johnson: "Our travelling fans were let down"
- 3 New signings on their way despite win
- 4 Torbay Triathlon Club's bumper results amid bumpy weather
- 5 Power lift for MND awareness raises over £13k
- 6 Double celebration as South Devon College awards own degrees for first time
- 7 Gulls boss Gary Johnson: Homegrown duo 'in my future plans'
- 8 United Community Day - it's a 'sell-out'
- 9 John 'flabbergasted' as he is shortlisted for top award
- 10 Spooky October half-term activities at Torquay Museum