Property of the Week: A magnificent villa in the Warberries
- Credit: Archant
Our superb Property of the Week is an elegant detached Victorian villa based in the Warberries area of Torquay.
The versatile accommodation is arranged over three levels, currently affording one extensive home of great versatility, yet with potential to create a self-contained rear wing (subject to usual permissions).
The principal reception rooms and bedrooms overlook the garden which is a particular feature, complemented by a further walled courtyard and double garage. Situated within the Warberries conservation area, a host of picturesque walks are enjoyed nearby toward Anstey’s Cove, Meadfoot Beach or Torquay’s harbour, marina and seafront promenade at the base of the hill.
Wellswood, with its ‘village’ ambience is a pleasant saunter, boasting a post office, Co-op, delicatessen, travel agent, pharmacy, Co-op, pub, restaurants, the highly regarded Ilsham Primary School and well-supported St Matthias’ Church.
From the superb reception hall, the drawing room overlooks the delightful gardens and then takes you into an atmospheric dining room, with decorative ceiling and oak flooring.
The reception room leads out to an enclosed courtyard, while the kitchen / breakfast room has a range of units and plenty of space for preparing and enjoying meals. The ground floor is completed by a cloakroom, rear lobby, workshop and bathroom.
Moving to the upper floors, there are an incredible six bedrooms, one with en-suite bathroom and another en-suite shower room, plus a magnificent family bathroom. There is also a loft room.
- 1 Relentless from Torquay United
- 2 Concluding the debate about diesel v petrol v electric cars
- 3 Royal Mail set to drop objection to Crossways redevelopment
- 4 For our 'rock' as much as anybody, everything is crossed for promotion
- 5 Picture special: Memories of visits to Torbay and South Devon
- 6 Chance to have your say on power giants' massive investment plans
- 7 Rowers - and Mr Portillo - in bid to go round world in 80 days and raise money for Rowcroft
- 8 Plans unveiled to demolish Torquay Debenhams store
- 9 500,000 meals and still going strong
- 10 Woking 0 Torquay United 2
When you get outside Beech House, there is a double garage and the principal garden is situated to the southerly side of the villa and arranged as a gravelled terrace with wide flagstone paved steps descending to the garden, mainly laid to lawn with mature trees, including an old and magnificent magnolia, walled boundaries and mature hedging giving privacy.
To the side is trellising with climbing shrubs leading to two further gravelled terraces adjoining the kitchen.
The property is on the market with John Lake for £815,000. For more information and to arrange a viewing, please call 01803 328899 or email email@example.com