Torbay nurse’s delight at award nomination
- Credit: Archant
Torbay rheumatology specialist nurse Rian Penford has been shortlisted in the 2020 Nursing Times Awards.
Rian and the rheumatology team at Torbay Hospital have been recognised for building and upgrading the Rheumatology Connect app that supports patients wherever they are, which has proved a great success.
The advice and information is trusted by patients because it is local - designed and written by Dr Kirsten Mackay and Rian with other members of the rheumatology department.
Rian is a finalist in the award’s promoting patient self-management category.
She said: “I am thrilled to be shortlisted for this prestigious award. We have been working hard on the newly upgraded app. We are pleased to announce the new version of the app for rheumatology patients.
“A new diagnosis can be a frightening and confusing time for patients but with trusted advice and guidance at their fingertips, the app helps patients to self-manage their condition with confidence and reassurance.”
- 1 Hilton opens its doors - with a little help from Bert & Buoy and a Riviera palm tree
- 2 500,000 meals and still going strong
- 3 Relentless from Torquay United
- 4 Four to battle in Bay by-election
- 5 Torbay has it all - and we all have a part to play in tourism future
- 6 Joelene to lead special police scrutiny panel
- 7 Absolutely ridiculous and selfish
- 8 TW Predicta April 22
- 9 Concluding the debate about diesel v petrol v electric cars
- 10 Rowers - and Mr Portillo - in bid to go round world in 80 days and raise money for Rowcroft