Torbay nurse’s delight at award nomination
- Credit: Archant
Torbay rheumatology specialist nurse Rian Penford has been shortlisted in the 2020 Nursing Times Awards.
Rian and the rheumatology team at Torbay Hospital have been recognised for building and upgrading the Rheumatology Connect app that supports patients wherever they are, which has proved a great success.
The advice and information is trusted by patients because it is local - designed and written by Dr Kirsten Mackay and Rian with other members of the rheumatology department.
Rian is a finalist in the award’s promoting patient self-management category.
She said: “I am thrilled to be shortlisted for this prestigious award. We have been working hard on the newly upgraded app. We are pleased to announce the new version of the app for rheumatology patients.
“A new diagnosis can be a frightening and confusing time for patients but with trusted advice and guidance at their fingertips, the app helps patients to self-manage their condition with confidence and reassurance.”
- 1 Captain Cameron set to lead Magpies against Gulls
- 2 The little door behind the main stand
- 3 Gary Johnson reaction to Tiverton win
- 4 Decisions to be made over Covid-related postponements of cricket matches
- 5 Torquay host fourth coastal rowing regatta of league
- 6 £1,800 for four good causes as Foster’s Fund pays out
- 7 It's taken a generation but it is definitely now Paignton's turn
- 8 Tiverton Town 1 Torquay United 3
- 9 Gary's respect for Martyn Rogers
- 10 Council at last puts money where mouth is and invests in sport