Torbay nurse’s delight at award nomination
- Credit: Archant
Torbay rheumatology specialist nurse Rian Penford has been shortlisted in the 2020 Nursing Times Awards.
Rian and the rheumatology team at Torbay Hospital have been recognised for building and upgrading the Rheumatology Connect app that supports patients wherever they are, which has proved a great success.
The advice and information is trusted by patients because it is local - designed and written by Dr Kirsten Mackay and Rian with other members of the rheumatology department.
Rian is a finalist in the award’s promoting patient self-management category.
She said: “I am thrilled to be shortlisted for this prestigious award. We have been working hard on the newly upgraded app. We are pleased to announce the new version of the app for rheumatology patients.
“A new diagnosis can be a frightening and confusing time for patients but with trusted advice and guidance at their fingertips, the app helps patients to self-manage their condition with confidence and reassurance.”
- 1 Byron back for Westcountry derby
- 2 'Midwifery Mermaids' brave frrrr-eezing water in year-long charity challenge
- 3 Norrms McNamara: Ten-second delay...
- 4 Gaffer: 'I've got us in this mess - and I've got to get us out of it'
- 5 Celebrity chef Mitch Tonks launches first British tinned seafood collection
- 6 Medical Matters: Healthy living programme for people diagnosed with type 2 diabetes now also online
- 7 Bryony gives evidence to disciplinary panel
- 8 Santa's James Bond-style arrival - and The Grinch came too
- 9 Riviera to stage new winter cricket academy
- 10 How studying Neanderthals helps understand the Covid-19 risks