Paignton pool reopens for socially distancing swimmers
- Credit: Archant
Swimmers are being asked to socially distance in the reopened pool at Torbay Leisure Centre.
The measures are in place for lane-swimming which restarted at the Paignton leisure centre last week.
Swimmers must pre-book a place, arrive ‘swim-ready’ and follow the one-way system in place.
There is storage by the pool and swimmers can exit via the changing rooms where they can get changed before leaving.
Swimmers in the pool are asked to stay at least one metre behind the person in front.
There is a limit on the number allowed in the water and other rules in place to keep people apart.
Children’s swimming lessons, fitness classes, racquet sports have also restarted, and the gym has reopened with limited numbers.
- 1 Torquay United 3 Truro City 0
- 2 Torbay Ironman completes first race of the season
- 3 Gulls ready for Truro friendly
- 4 Spacious, family home in ideal location close to schools, shops and beaches
- 5 Vehicle life expectancy - who's the clever one?
- 6 Family home in popular residential area
- 7 School is first in Bay to reach career guidance benchmarks
- 8 World's biggest sailing ship graces Bay's horizon
- 9 Barton Hill Academy students triumph in national awards
All visits must be pre-booked on the leisure centre website - www.leisurecentre.com