Paignton pool reopens for socially distancing swimmers
- Credit: Archant
Swimmers are being asked to socially distance in the reopened pool at Torbay Leisure Centre.
The measures are in place for lane-swimming which restarted at the Paignton leisure centre last week.
Swimmers must pre-book a place, arrive ‘swim-ready’ and follow the one-way system in place.
There is storage by the pool and swimmers can exit via the changing rooms where they can get changed before leaving.
Swimmers in the pool are asked to stay at least one metre behind the person in front.
There is a limit on the number allowed in the water and other rules in place to keep people apart.
Children’s swimming lessons, fitness classes, racquet sports have also restarted, and the gym has reopened with limited numbers.
- 1 Gary's respect for Martyn Rogers
- 2 Retro Sport: Tracking Plainmoor heroes of the 1950s
- 3 It's taken a generation but it is definitely now Paignton's turn
- 4 Jim Parker: Now is the Time for action after Chief Constable's revealing walkabout
- 5 Regency-style terrace was leased to the rich and famous
- 6 United heading into the future
- 7 Courageous Carla saluted with new award
- 8 Famous Redcliffe Hotel sold for £4.5 million
- 9 Argyle sharpness defeats United
- 10 Pre-season fundraiser in memory of footballers Kyle and Hayden
All visits must be pre-booked on the leisure centre website - www.leisurecentre.com