Paignton pool reopens for socially distancing swimmers
- Credit: Archant
Swimmers are being asked to socially distance in the reopened pool at Torbay Leisure Centre.
The measures are in place for lane-swimming which restarted at the Paignton leisure centre last week.
Swimmers must pre-book a place, arrive ‘swim-ready’ and follow the one-way system in place.
There is storage by the pool and swimmers can exit via the changing rooms where they can get changed before leaving.
Swimmers in the pool are asked to stay at least one metre behind the person in front.
There is a limit on the number allowed in the water and other rules in place to keep people apart.
Children’s swimming lessons, fitness classes, racquet sports have also restarted, and the gym has reopened with limited numbers.
- 1 For our 'rock' as much as anybody, everything is crossed for promotion
- 2 Emotional day that revealed close-knit family behind monarchy
- 3 Spacious and flexible accommodation has been improved, updated, and extended
- 4 Plans unveiled to demolish Torquay Debenhams store
- 5 Dramatic bovine rescue from Torbay waters
- 6 Prince Philip's final resting place will be in tiny chapel
- 7 National League round-up
- 8 All aboard the Land train for lots of fun - and a history lesson or two!
- 9 I hope formality is put aside and the Queen is able to grieve for Prince Philip
- 10 An ideal family home or investment purchase
All visits must be pre-booked on the leisure centre website - www.leisurecentre.com