Paignton pool reopens for socially distancing swimmers
- Credit: Archant
Swimmers are being asked to socially distance in the reopened pool at Torbay Leisure Centre.
The measures are in place for lane-swimming which restarted at the Paignton leisure centre last week.
Swimmers must pre-book a place, arrive ‘swim-ready’ and follow the one-way system in place.
There is storage by the pool and swimmers can exit via the changing rooms where they can get changed before leaving.
Swimmers in the pool are asked to stay at least one metre behind the person in front.
There is a limit on the number allowed in the water and other rules in place to keep people apart.
Children’s swimming lessons, fitness classes, racquet sports have also restarted, and the gym has reopened with limited numbers.
- 1 Show is world’s largest gathering of more than 3,000 iconic classic and vintage cars and motorbikes
- 2 Midweek shocks in the National League
- 3 Probus Club 'home' at last to hear about ghosts, gallows and 'Big Foot'
- 4 Property of the Week: Simply striking family home in semi-rural setting
- 5 Norrms McNamara: All care staff need to be trained in dementia
- 6 Sinclair's special start on community day
- 7 All go at Rotary club with new president, vaccines, golf and a chicken run!
- 8 Indoor bowls: 'A' team win all four rinks
- 9 Junior anglers take the fishing limelight
- 10 Securing future of Pavilion takes step forward
All visits must be pre-booked on the leisure centre website - www.leisurecentre.com