Green fingers crossed as Bloomers await In Bloom verdict
- Credit: Submitted
It's a waiting game for the Babbacombe Bay Bloomers.
South West in Bloom judges Terry Porter and Camilla Bassett-Smith visited Babbacombe and St Marychurch for a three hour tour. The Babbacombe Bay Bloomers group are in the Portman Cup category this year and up against seven towns, including Brixham.
The judges were given a pictorial presentation of Babbacombe past and present, by Chairman Tim Eley followed by a tour of the St Marychurch Precinct and Foxlands Walk.
They were then showed Charlwood Court Gardens, the Milennium Copse and the Rose Garden, meeting volunteers, traders and residents along the way.
They were taken to the Model Village for a brief visit and then a walk along the Downs to see the impressive SWISCo flower beds and local business floral displays.
After a lunch stop at Coombe Court there was judging of three ‘It’s Your Neighbourhood’ awards, Tessier Gardens, the Babbacombe Cliff Railway and the Petit Plot Community Garden, followed by afternoon tea.
Results for all the Torbay groups in the 2021 South West in Bloom Competitions will be announced on October 7 at an awards ceremony at the Winter Gardens in Weston-Super-Mare.
- 1 Swiss Raw crew cross finish line to win Atlantic rowing race
- 2 2021 Talisker Whisky Atlantic Challenge rowers heading for finish line
- 3 Torbay remains 'Covid capital of Devon' despite drop in cases
- 4 Retro Sport: Never too old to attract a talent scout
- 5 Motoring: More new arrivals in 2022 - and a bonus for electric users in the future
- 6 Bay residents facing 2.99 per cent rise in council tax
- 7 Angling junior Keri showing the seniors how it is done
- 8 School celebrates double award success
- 9 Improved conditions for 2021 Talisker Whisky Atlantic Challenge boats
- 10 Gulls savour 'huge three points'