Green fingers crossed as Bloomers await In Bloom verdict
- Credit: Submitted
It's a waiting game for the Babbacombe Bay Bloomers.
South West in Bloom judges Terry Porter and Camilla Bassett-Smith visited Babbacombe and St Marychurch for a three hour tour. The Babbacombe Bay Bloomers group are in the Portman Cup category this year and up against seven towns, including Brixham.
The judges were given a pictorial presentation of Babbacombe past and present, by Chairman Tim Eley followed by a tour of the St Marychurch Precinct and Foxlands Walk.
They were then showed Charlwood Court Gardens, the Milennium Copse and the Rose Garden, meeting volunteers, traders and residents along the way.
They were taken to the Model Village for a brief visit and then a walk along the Downs to see the impressive SWISCo flower beds and local business floral displays.
After a lunch stop at Coombe Court there was judging of three ‘It’s Your Neighbourhood’ awards, Tessier Gardens, the Babbacombe Cliff Railway and the Petit Plot Community Garden, followed by afternoon tea.
Results for all the Torbay groups in the 2021 South West in Bloom Competitions will be announced on October 7 at an awards ceremony at the Winter Gardens in Weston-Super-Mare.
- 1 £1million grants to give Bay new housing boost
- 2 United 'Community Day' to unite Bay - and there are 1,000 free tickets
- 3 Underdog mindset for the Gulls
- 4 Ticket price offer for Torquay United's FA Cup tie
- 5 This sorry saga was always going to end in tears - but we need the horses and what about the Proms?
- 6 Turning our season around
- 7 MP Anthony Mangnall: I've a new-found appreciation for hard work of our fishermen
- 8 Aldi, KFC and Costa Coffee plan approved for 'Gateway to Torquay'
- 9 Bridleway takes you to Agatha Christie's 'loveliest place in the world'
- 10 Stoppage-time goal books Torquay United under-18s a place in FA Youth Cup first round