Torbay Hospital surgeon’s operation of a tidy-up kind
- Credit: Archant
Torbay Hospital surgeon and son lead operation - to tidy up beauty spot
A Torbay Hospital surgeon – and his young son – have done their bit to help tidy up a Torquay beauty spot.
Surajit Sinha and son Devanshu enlisted the help of nurses, secretaries and doctors from Torbay for the litter pick at Hope’s Nose.
They were supported by two charity organizations – Keep Britain Tidy and the Torbay Cleaner Coast initiative.
Surajit said: “We involved children as well to give them an opportunity to participate and develop an awareness about pollution problems and how important it is to keep our natural habitat intact.
The litter pickers removed 10 bags of rubbish. Surajit revealed: “We are planning to undertake more projects in future.”
And he said there were other reasons behind the clean-up mission “This project also gives an opportunity for hospital staff to get involved with the community and is also good for general mental wellbeing,” said Surajit.
- 1 Absolutely ridiculous and selfish
- 2 United visit Woking tonight
- 3 Rowers - and Mr Portillo - in bid to go round world in 80 days and raise money for Rowcroft
- 4 Woking 0 Torquay United 2
- 5 Relentless from Torquay United
- 6 Prince Philip's final resting place will be in tiny chapel
- 7 For our 'rock' as much as anybody, everything is crossed for promotion
- 8 Four to battle in Bay by-election
- 9 Desperate men killing the game
- 10 Overseas players set to boost clubs' promotion bids