Torbay Hospital Friends bowled over by donation
- Credit: Archant
The Torbay Hospital League of Friends must have been bowled over by one of their latest donations.
It came in the shape of a cheque for £385 from Dave Thomas, captain of Babbacombe Bowling Club.
The League has raised millions over the years for various projects at the hospital.
Like so many other charities, they have been hit badly by the pandemic with many fund-raising activities postponed or cancelled.
Dave said: “We held a Coffee Morning for our Members and decided in these uncertain times that the League of Friends would be the ideal choice to receive the money.”
Receiving the cheque on behalf of the League, Chairman Kathryn Westaway said: “We are extremely grateful to all the members of the Babbacombe Bowling Club for their generous donation made at a time when our own fund-raising activities are more or less at a standstill. A gift such as this is very welcome indeed.”
- 1 Relentless from Torquay United
- 2 Concluding the debate about diesel v petrol v electric cars
- 3 Royal Mail set to drop objection to Crossways redevelopment
- 4 For our 'rock' as much as anybody, everything is crossed for promotion
- 5 Picture special: Memories of visits to Torbay and South Devon
- 6 Chance to have your say on power giants' massive investment plans
- 7 Rowers - and Mr Portillo - in bid to go round world in 80 days and raise money for Rowcroft
- 8 Plans unveiled to demolish Torquay Debenhams store
- 9 Woking 0 Torquay United 2
- 10 Prince Philip's final resting place will be in tiny chapel