NHS bosses 'blown away' as locals raise over £50,000 in Covid appeal
- Credit: PA
Health bosses have been 'overwhelmed' by the people of Torbay and South Devon who have raised over £50,000 since the beginning of the COVID-19 pandemic to support the local NHS.
The South Devon NHS Foundation Trust has been 'inspired' by the generosity of the people and businesses that supported the organisation’s charity appeal.
The money raised went directly to initiatives supporting staff who were responding to COVID-19 as well as the poorly patients that they cared and continue to care for.
Torbay and South Devon has also benefited from national fundraising thanks to NHS Charities Together and the legacy of Captain Sir Tom Moore. These additional funds have contributed a further £181,000 to the appeal’s total, both through direct award and in the form of grant applications.
The Donations team at the trust work with a panel of hospital representatives to ensure these funds deliver value, whilst making as big an impact as possible for the wider workforce.
Paul Norrish, Donations Manager at Torbay and South Devon NHS Foundation Trust, said: “It was awe inspiring to see so many local people step forward to support our response to COVID-19. Whether you donated to our local appeal or got behind the national call, we really appreciate what you did – it was incredible.
“I know that our staff who have been involved with our organisation’s COVID-19 response have been blown away by the generosity, and would like to extend a heartfelt thank you to the community for your support and kindness.”
- 1 £1million grants to give Bay new housing boost
- 2 United 'Community Day' to unite Bay - and there are 1,000 free tickets
- 3 Underdog mindset for the Gulls
- 4 Ticket price offer for Torquay United's FA Cup tie
- 5 This sorry saga was always going to end in tears - but we need the horses and what about the Proms?
- 6 Turning our season around
- 7 MP Anthony Mangnall: I've a new-found appreciation for hard work of our fishermen
- 8 Aldi, KFC and Costa Coffee plan approved for 'Gateway to Torquay'
- 9 Bridleway takes you to Agatha Christie's 'loveliest place in the world'
- 10 Torquay settle for replay after Hawks threw everything at them in dying moments