Torbay holiday park’s special thanks to NHS Our Heroes
- Credit: Archant
Staff at a Torquay holiday park wanted to give something back to Our Heroes on the NHS front line - free accommodation!
A Torbay holiday park has been doing its bit during the pandemic.
The Torquay Holiday Park, run by Parkdean Resorts, has been working with the local healthcare trust to offer free accommodation to NHS key workers who might have needed a convenient place to stay at the end of shifts or may have been living with vulnerable/at risk family members.
Rob Warner, Operations Director, said: 'The vast majority of our Torquay team lives in the local area so they've been keen to give back to the local community and in particular to support NHS staff who have been doing such an incredible job.
'As our own small way of showing our thanks and appreciation for all they have been doing, we contacted the local healthcare trust to offer free accommodation.
'So far we have had 10 key workers from Torbay Hospital, St John's Ambulance, and Torbay Emergency Response stay for a combined total of 156 nights and an equivalent value of £10,000, and we'd welcome any other front-line NHS workers in need of a place to stay.'
The company has rolled out the offer to other areas including Whitley Bay in Northumberland, Vauxhall in Great Yarmouth and Southview in Skegness.
- 1 Tributes paid to college champion, BBC legend and 'real gentleman' Alan, 85
- 2 Tributes flow for legendary harbour artist Bill - our 'William in Orange'
- 3 NL suspension is out of the question
- 4 Dumped goldfish and carp rescued after found flapping for life on grass verge
- 5 Gulls going for 'double' after transfer signings
- 6 Midfield decisions for Torquay United
- 7 Work set to start at Torquay seafront gardens
- 8 Purple Angel helping Torbay Hospital
- 9 Widow Joan, 87, tells anti-vaxxers: 'Don't be silly'
- 10 Property of the week has amazing sea views across Torbay
Rob says: 'Across the country we have housed more than 50 key workers for total of more than 1,000 nights. The total value is more than £70,000.'
Stephanie Head, an NHS Community Support Worker, said: 'Due to living with my parents who are in their 70s, I had to find temporary accommodation to keep them safe.
'I cannot thank Parkdean and their staff enough. The overall experience was perfect. The staff were friendly and helpful, and I could not fault the accommodation.'
Parkdean deserve a nomination in the Torbay Weekly's Our Heroes initiative where we are saying thanks to people and organisations who have gone that extra miles to help others in the virus crisis.
The campaign run in partnership with Majestic Holidays, will climax with a special celebration event. If you would like to nominate just send us details of who and why with a photograph to firstname.lastname@example.org