Time running out for half marathon entries as appeal goes out for volunteers
- Credit: Torbay Half Marathon
Organisers of the postponed Ocean Healthcare Torbay Half Marathon and 10k have issued a final call out for runners to sign up before the deadline on September 6.
Organised by Torbay Athletic Club, and sponsored by local nursing and care agency Ocean Healthcare, the run attracts runners from all over the country. This year the event - on Sunday September 12 - offers both a half marathon or a 10k.
It donates to local charities and other sports clubs thanks to generous sponsorship from local companies including Kitsons, Sweatshop Running, Enterprise Bays Brewery and Ocean BMW.
This year, more than ever, support is needed from volunteers.
“We need marshalls to support the event. We only need help for a few hours from 7.45am. Our marshals love to cheer everyone along and always enjoy it" said Race Director Greg Fine.
Those interested are urged to email firstname.lastname@example.org. To sign up for the event go to: www.torbayhalfmarathon.co.uk
- 1 There may be no carnival again - but that won't dampen spirits as Christmas plans are unveiled
- 2 Basketball: Torbay Tigers back to winning ways
- 3 Sinclair's special start on community day
- 4 Sally Allen: When is a woman not a woman?
- 5 Junior anglers take the fishing limelight
- 6 Rowing: Excellent conditions for river Dart racing
- 7 Torquay United 2 King's Lynn Town 0
- 8 Retro Sport: Lottery winner's cricket ambition that money couldn't buy
- 9 Stephen Coombes picture special: Dartmouth and Kingswear
- 10 Securing future of Pavilion takes step forward