Torbay girl guides have Covid-19 badge
- Credit: 1st Babbacombe Guides
Torbay girl guides have developed and are working towards a new Covid Champions’ badge.
The work by the 1st Babbacombe Guides is to complement the successful Covid Community Champions group which has been running in Torbay since November 2020.
The Covid Champions badge, which is one of the first of its kind, is a fun, interactive way to share information and looks at the challenges, as well as solutions, the pandemic has created.
It will see girls aged between ten and 14 take part in a range of 15 activities to achieve their badge.
1st Babbacombe Guide leader Rachel Boyko said: “The pandemic has been a huge part of our guides’ lives over the past 12 months, creating the Covid Champions badge recognises this and will help us to think about the impact it has had on us all.
“In our typical girl guide approach, our guides will choose how to approach some of our challenges around Covid-19 themes.
"From designing posters to coming up with ways to help look after the more vulnerable members of our community and friends and family - we're very excited to see the badge activities roll out.
- 1 Midweek shocks in the National League
- 2 Wrong red for Wrexham
- 3 FA Cup defeat creates two-week break for Gulls
- 4 Property of the Week: Simply striking family home in semi-rural setting
- 5 There may be no carnival again - but that won't dampen spirits as Christmas plans are unveiled
- 6 Casting announced for The Osmonds: A New Musical at Princess Theatre
- 7 Show is world’s largest gathering of more than 3,000 iconic classic and vintage cars and motorbikes
- 8 All go at Rotary club with new president, vaccines, golf and a chicken run!
- 9 Probus Club 'home' at last to hear about ghosts, gallows and 'Big Foot'
- 10 Kelly’s 100 miles for Breast Cancer awareness
"The badge will also be designed by the 1st Babbacombe Guides unit."
The guides have been supported in the project by Torbay Council's public health team.
Councillor Jackie Stockman, Cabinet member for adults and public health, Torbay Council said: "This is a fantastic idea from one of our local groups for young people.
"It is one that we are proud to be able to support and look forward to hearing all about how the girls at the 1st Babbacombe Guides get on over the next few weeks."
If you are a youth group and would like to consider developing a similar programme, you should contact email@example.com