Four more Covid deaths at Torbay Hospital as UK daily cases top 100,000 for first time
- Credit: Submitted
A further 13 Covid patients have died at Devon's hospitals – as the UK recorded more than 100,000 daily cases for the first time since the pandemic began.
Four more deaths at Torbay Hospital are included in the latest county death toll.
New data from NHS England has revealed that there were also two new deaths at Exeter’s RD&E Hospital, six at Derriford in Plymouth and one in North Devon Hospital.
A total of 353 people have now died at the RD&E from the virus, 180 at Torbay, 132 at North Devon and 324 at Derriford.
Daily figures showed that 106,122 Covid cases have been reported in the last 24-hour period – 13,000 more than the previous high on December 17.
Another 140 Covid-related deaths have also been recorded.
- 1 Property of the Week: Stunning seaside holiday let property
- 2 Great win on the road for United
- 3 Torquay United under-18s triumph over league leaders
- 4 Gulls savour 'huge three points'
- 5 Swiss Raw crew cross finish line to win Atlantic rowing race
- 6 Saluting top man 'Skivvo' as he announces he's leaving the Glovers
- 7 Tribute to talented artist and craftswoman Mandy, who brought out the best in those she taught
- 8 Afghan refugee family move to Torbay after delays
- 9 2021 Talisker Whisky Atlantic Challenge rowers heading for finish line
- 10 Solar farms are power to council's elbow but don't forget the Gulls - and the archers!