Torbay Community Coronavirus Helpline calls head towards 7,000
- Credit: Archant
Calls to the Torbay Community Coronavirus Helplines are heading towards the 7,000 mark as more people reach out for help.
The frequency of the calls is beginning to slow but teams working the lines from 8am until 8pm, seven days a week, are still dealing with more than 100 a day.
However, Torbay Community Development Trust, Age UK Torbay and Brixham Does Care have continued to respond to urgent cases of families and individuals without food or medicines.
Hundreds of volunteers are also now helping their neighbours and more than 700 matches have been made between those in need and those offering help.
The Torbay Food Alliance, a group of 12 organisations, in the first four weeks delivered 2,213 food parcels and 7,705 meals and a Crowdfunder set up help to fund it has so far raised more than £23,300.
• The helpline numbers are 01803 446022 and 01803 857727.
- 1 Tributes flow for legendary harbour artist Bill - our 'William in Orange'
- 2 Decision time for National League clubs
- 3 Former Torbay mayor says Living Coasts site should become a public open space
- 4 Dumped goldfish and carp rescued after found flapping for life on grass verge
- 5 Work set to start at Torquay seafront gardens
- 6 Nicky tells of battle to pull through after car crash left her in bed for five years
- 7 Purple Angel helping Torbay Hospital
- 8 Torquay loan goalkeeper from Truro
- 9 New signings wait for Torquay United chance
- 10 MP: Bank closure is blow to Torquay harbourside