Torbay Community Coronavirus Helpline calls head towards 7,000
- Credit: Archant
Calls to the Torbay Community Coronavirus Helplines are heading towards the 7,000 mark as more people reach out for help.
The frequency of the calls is beginning to slow but teams working the lines from 8am until 8pm, seven days a week, are still dealing with more than 100 a day.
However, Torbay Community Development Trust, Age UK Torbay and Brixham Does Care have continued to respond to urgent cases of families and individuals without food or medicines.
Hundreds of volunteers are also now helping their neighbours and more than 700 matches have been made between those in need and those offering help.
The Torbay Food Alliance, a group of 12 organisations, in the first four weeks delivered 2,213 food parcels and 7,705 meals and a Crowdfunder set up help to fund it has so far raised more than £23,300.
• The helpline numbers are 01803 446022 and 01803 857727.
- 1 Charlton await United - if Gulls can win FA Cup replay
- 2 Johnson on FA Cup result: 'Havant deserved something out of game'
- 3 United 'Community Day' to unite Bay - and there are 1,000 free tickets
- 4 'Mixed' bag for Torbay teams as basketball season opens
- 5 Picture special: Torbay buses
- 6 Retro Sport with Roger Mann: An ambition which money just can't buy!
- 7 Torquay settle for replay after Hawks threw everything at them in dying moments
- 8 A harvest of hope at Pollinator Patch
- 9 This sorry saga was always going to end in tears - but we need the horses and what about the Proms?
- 10 Stoppage-time goal books Torquay United under-18s a place in FA Youth Cup first round