Torbay Community Coronavirus Helpline hours revised
- Credit: Archant
The Torbay Community Coronavirus Helpline hours are to be reduced as calls for help during the crisis begin to reduce.
Calls will now be handled on the 01803 446022 number which will be staffed from 10am to 6pm weekdays and on Saturdays from 9.30am to 12.30pm.
In the first nine weeks of operation the helplines received more than 7,500 calls but in recent days these have been running at around 100 per day.
'We are still here for everyone and will be until this crisis is over for everybody but the immediate needs are changing,' said Simon Sherbersky, lead officer of Torbay Community Development Trust.
'We will continue to shop for people and to collect prescriptions. We will also continue our telephone befriending service which is essential to tackle loneliness and isolation.'
The helplines have been able to adapt as the crisis develops because of the wide spectrum of expertise of the different organisations involved including community support, signposting, mental health, finance and access to the Torbay Food Alliance.
- 1 Relentless from Torquay United
- 2 Rowers - and Mr Portillo - in bid to go round world in 80 days and raise money for Rowcroft
- 3 Woking 0 Torquay United 2
- 4 For our 'rock' as much as anybody, everything is crossed for promotion
- 5 Absolutely ridiculous and selfish
- 6 United visit Woking tonight
- 7 Prince Philip's final resting place will be in tiny chapel
- 8 Royal Mail set to drop objection to Crossways redevelopment
- 9 Former Argos store to be temporary job centre for Bay residents seeking work
- 10 Overseas players set to boost clubs' promotion bids