Torbay Community Coronavirus Helpline hours revised
- Credit: Archant
The Torbay Community Coronavirus Helpline hours are to be reduced as calls for help during the crisis begin to reduce.
Calls will now be handled on the 01803 446022 number which will be staffed from 10am to 6pm weekdays and on Saturdays from 9.30am to 12.30pm.
In the first nine weeks of operation the helplines received more than 7,500 calls but in recent days these have been running at around 100 per day.
'We are still here for everyone and will be until this crisis is over for everybody but the immediate needs are changing,' said Simon Sherbersky, lead officer of Torbay Community Development Trust.
'We will continue to shop for people and to collect prescriptions. We will also continue our telephone befriending service which is essential to tackle loneliness and isolation.'
The helplines have been able to adapt as the crisis develops because of the wide spectrum of expertise of the different organisations involved including community support, signposting, mental health, finance and access to the Torbay Food Alliance.
- 1 Torquay United 2 King's Lynn Town 0
- 2 Rowing: Excellent conditions for river Dart racing
- 3 Sinclair's special start on community day
- 4 Cyclists off to Scotland in support of 'super vet' star
- 5 Gulls boss Gary Johnson: Homegrown duo 'in my future plans'
- 6 Defensive duties at Torquay United
- 7 Securing future of Pavilion takes step forward
- 8 MP Anthony Mangnall: I've a new-found appreciation for hard work of our fishermen
- 9 Dr Peter Moore: I don't need an app giving me a 'medal' for brushing my teeth properly!
- 10 Let's get together - reconnecting with people is food for the soul